AVG virus definitions update

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarincv

Journeyman
How to get complete virus defenitions updates for AVG?
I have'nt a net connection at home. I used to download from the website and manually update the defenitions. Are these updates complete?

abracadabra

Journeyman
as for your first qns simple; right click the avg icon at the bottom right hand corner of your task bar and choose Check for Updates. now another option box come asking from where you want the updates to be installed, either from the internet or from a folder. as you do not have an internet connection your probable choice is a folder and that i cannot assure that the definition updated manually seem to be always complete. the major and priority ones will be present if u directly download them from the net.

if u have any problems pm me abracadabra
CS NAME: |_390 7()Y$

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
AVG almost everyday updates its virus definitions.

So, you need to update it everytime within a week or so.
Things will be easier if you download by the method suggested above-i.e. Manually checking for updates from AVG software itself.

However, you can always download definitions from the internet. All these definitions have a date system attached, so that you know which one to download.

For eg, if you wanted to download latest AVG definitions as of April 26th, 2006, here's the link:

Latest AVG updates

Savvy:!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom