AVG & email scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreyadr

Journeyman
i have yahoo.co.in, vsnl.net and gmail email accounts. all of these r configured in my email client TB. earlier i was using norton antivirus. due to its expiration, i have now installed AVG free edition. i have observed ( icon in tray animates) that it scans incoming mails of yahoo and vsnl a/c only. it also carries the message of scan below each of the scan message. why it was not scaning gmail mails ? if it is scanning those; no message carries below it.

sharptooth

Broken In
Yeah Nod32 is like a rocket. The best ever vir protection available. I have switched to nod32 , earlier was using the free AVG :D

anandk

Distinguished Member
Avast in my opinion, is MUCH better at detecting virus files inside compressed (zip'd) archives. Even AVG's complete scan will NOT detect ALL infections inside the Zip files. And if the compressed files are .rar or other formats, AVG's odds of detection are even less. Next : Detection of email borne viruses in avg is at best average. If you have Outlook Wxpress 6 client as part of Windows XP, you could easily endup updownloading and saving some common email borne viruses. Its only at the time of extraction or saving the extracted infection that AVG gives a warning ! AVG even with using the Outlook Express plugin, u could download the virus to your machine as an eml file, and it wont even warn when you open the eml file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom