AVG 7(free) control center icon disappears from system tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

lajs

Broken In
hi,

I am using AVG 7 free antivirus edition ,one day my AVG control center icon in system tray disappeared suddenly .
And i couldnt see that again in my system tray .I could see that avg_cc (control center .exe file )gets started up during system boot start .

But peculiar thing is that avg gets updated automatically when connected to internet .How is that happening with out Control center icon being dispalyed in system tray ??? :cry:

Why what happened , i couldnt understand ..is this any virus in background ???

pls any avg 7 users help me out to handle this .

regards,

swatkat

Technomancer
Check this, go to Start> Run and type msconfig and press ENTER.
Here in StartUp tab, the AVG_CC entry should be selected/checked.

Also, can you bring the Control Centre from AVG Test Center Window? ( Open the AVG Test Center Window by double clicking it's icon in Desktop or from Start Menu). From here, Open the Control Center through the menu. Does Control Center opens up?

OP
L

lajs

Broken In
hey i could see in start up ...but couldnt see in tray ..
even if i try to start it from start->program

mouse pointer acts indicates as if it has opened the program but i could nt see control center visually in screen ...

That control center module doesnt popups in screen visually ..
iam using kerio firewall , is it doing any activity at the background.

swatkat

Technomancer
hmm....i think Firewall is not the problem.
Something is blocking AVG CC from opening or some files are corrupt!
Try to open the Control Center through the AVG Test Center (using Desktop icon or Start> Program icon) in SAFE Mode, does it open there?
If it does not, then you have to uninstall it and reinstall a new copy.

*free.grisoft.com/

OP
L

lajs

Broken In
swatkat said:
hmm....i think Firewall is not the problem.
Something is blocking AVG CC from opening or some files are corrupt!
Try to open the Control Center through the AVG Test Center (using Desktop icon or Start> Program icon) in SAFE Mode, does it open there?
If it does not, then you have to uninstall it and reinstall a new copy.

*free.grisoft.com/

i think i have to reinstall it .....coz other option u mention doesnt seem to work
but iwant to know onething ...if i reinstall will all my updates get deleted ????

swatkat

Technomancer
If you download a new copy from the WebSite, then there is no need to update it now.

But if you are installing from an old AVG Setup , then you need to get the updates again.

OP
L

lajs

Broken In
hi am a dialup user ..my AVG have downloaded latest updates till now ....
if i have to download setup from net again ...i think it would take away my time ...is this only available solution ....

anyway thanks for u r help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom