Avast Stratup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Imm using avast and zonealarm. although windows starts up fine, it takes a long time for avast to initialize during which it displays a strikeout over its tray icon.on right clicking it shows an rpc error. it takes nearly two minuites for it to initialize during which i cant use my system.
My startup items are:
>zlclient [zonealarm]
>ctfmon.exe [office bar]
>avast!
Help!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
It happens with me also several times.
When I login, avast shows a strikeout over its icon and after a few seconds it starts rolling :D

blackpearl

The Devil
Yes, that happens. Try doing this. Click on program settings>common and disable "Test memory during startup". This will speedup a bit.

deepgeek2

Broken In
Vishal Gupta said:
It happens with me also several times.
When I login, avast shows a strikeout over its icon and after a few seconds it starts rolling :D

Well... I think here startup refers to the Scanner and not the resident shields....So, do you really think Avast checks memory after win login?

anandk

Distinguished Member
za is usually the first one to startup. it does take a litle time. then avast startsup. my experience hac also been the same. so i think its normal. nevertheless u can try to use 'microsoft bootvis' or 'driverheaven tune-xp' to make ur booting process a little faster. :)

the option is 'test memory during applications startup". i may be wrong but only resident protection starts up after booting. unchecking this may no help u. its only during starting the avast application interface that memory scan is not done if u uncheckthis box.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
The problem is not to make the startup faster, but the main problem is why avast! shows "strikeout over its icon" sometimes at startup? it doesnt occur all the times but sometimes. I think it checks something and then starts...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if you dont get any solution, then try AVG Free, i'm using it on my Desktop as well as Laptop, without any issues like this.

the start-Up time for my Desktop is around 15 seconds after "LogOn screen" & if i disable the ZoneAlarm Pro, then its less than 10 seconds!!

full start-up time (right from when the Power is turned ON) is around 40-50 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom