Status
Not open for further replies.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
best entry level audio\video receiver

Looking for an entry level AV Receiver setup to be used with the PC. I want to use the 24' as the main display and 2.1/5.1 spkrs which ever fit the budget.

For receivers I got some models to start with,
DENON AVR-588, AVR-788
Yamaha RX-V363 , 633
Marantz SR4001\2

For speakers,
none yet

Monitor,
the DELL 2407 WFPb that i've been using has component in and s-video in, no HDMI.

Please suggest.

Last edited:

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
i doubt many people in this forum use the range of model you are asking suggestion for...

i suggest you try asking in a forum which discuss these range of avreceiver and speaker system that can match the receiver

i also suggest you to buy WHAT HI*FI? Sound and Vision Magazine which cost just around Rs 100. This is I think is like a paise to you. It is an indian edition of the entertainment magazine.
No i dont work for them and i do not get commission for recommending them online in this forum :)
It also has a price list of different components available (some not readily) in the indian market. Offer quite a lot of reviews and professional tips and advice

moshel

Padawan
it all depends on your budget.

the lowest amplifier i have seen costs 10K that was from Marantz but its audio only. for a A/V amplifier, it will cost minimum 20K and another 20K+ for speakers.

check out if theres a sonodyne showroom in your city. I saw a system with 2 tower speakers + amplifier for 26K only!!!

also if u got croma in your city then u can get the demo there. for speakers, i suggest go for Jamo. Theres a 5.1 speaker system from Jamo which costs abt 27K (only speakers) which are pretty good. or u can go for one of their tower systems i dont remember the name but it was very good costing 30K. but that was just 2 tower speakers.

if ur spending above 70K...then invest in JBL....they are the best when it comes to sound quality. go to JBL showroom to get its demo.

Oh i just remembered....I saw one Onkyo HTS3100 system for just 20K!!!! its got a A/V receiver + 5.1 speakers...for the demo i had to hear to the radio as the showroom had not hooked up a DVD player. but still the radio sounded pretty good.

check it out. if ur budget is abt 20k then this system is the best. Onkyo has a good name in amplifier and speaker industry.

Last edited:
OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
my budget is around 50k,
i am pretty close to finalizing 4002 from Marantz.what price should it go for?
not finalized the speakers yet. Which jamo are u talking about?

winzip

Broken In
If your main purpose is movie then go for Denon 1508. It's great for movies.

Otherwise if your main purpose is music then go for that Marantz model what you have chosen.

For Speakers I suggest
1. Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCP
2. Jamo S606

You can go to *sumaria.co.in/ for prices of AVRs.

shadow2get

In the zone
I had been into this AV Receivers a while back. Now I am out of touch in this area.

Anyway, I had been an avid reader of AVMax magazine for years. So, I suggest you have a look at the magazine for the current breed of AV Amp, Receiver, AV Connectivity Wires & Speakers.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
well, iQ3 is the latest product(and quite costly too : after Q2 and Q1 in the series. I would just say one thing, the speakers could be preferred as monitors rather than the speakers to enjoy music itself. (the frequency bands are good for metallic music. however, they lack depth and bass plunge!)
See, if u are looking for speakers to enjoy sole music, i say choose from JBL or Klipsch or Jamo !
Some suggestions...
1. Klipsch RB81
2. JBL ES90(Floor Standing) or JBL L830(Book Shelf)
3. Jamo C803

I would've loved to recommend JBL K2 S9800 or Jamo's Reference series. Though, i believe they are too loud and hefty for a typical room size and budget as well.

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
i demoed the iQ3 with the ultra popular track of eagles "california" though it had good bass, not as deep as a dedicated sub, i'll try it again before finalizing.

Do suggest some tracks which u use to judge the systms.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
well, u can try these..
1. Sparks - ColdPlay
2. In the End - Linkin Park
3. Thinking of Marie - John Powell (Bourne OST)
4. The Wall - Pink Floyd
5. Tere Bina - A. R. Rahman & Chinmayee (Guru)

And for iQ3, the bass cant go that deep. Its because of its lame low frequency range, i.e. 45hz! However, the treble reproduction is quite good. Could be good to put as reference monitors to test recordings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom