AutoShutdown Software......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyamy

Alive Again...
I run WinXP_SP2
I have a internet plan which supports unlimited download in night only
for that i cannot sit on PC for whole night
Is their any software from which i can make the PC to shutdown at a particular time
I tried "run" "shutdown -s -t 18000" but this doesnt work because it was unable to stop internet connection any my PC remains on.....
I tried one free utility from download.com which was auto shutdown but bcoz it was free it only shutdown in 5 min or in 500 min so no time in between
is their any other software......? :confused:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Then you gotta download Shutdown Machine. Best piece of free software and works like a charh. Have been using for well over an year now. At 306k, it a big thing in a small package.

Download it here.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well if u use win XP u can tell xp to shutdown automatically , here's the command you need to type at the command prompt .
Code:
at {time in 24 hr format} "shutdown -s -f"

example :

at 15:11 "shutdown -s -f"

will shut down my computer at 3:11 PM .

hope you have a good sleep now .

ksvprasad

Broken In
Well, I use Free Download Manager to manage my Shut Off! I mean u dont need to use it only for Downloading! It has got an inbuilt Scheduler too! I configure it to start my Internet connection at 2:00AM and to shut down the system at 08:00 AMagain! And you can configure it for different days, every day or particular dates!

sav_more

Journeyman
Auto Shutdown (freeware) - shutdown your PC at a specified time

*www.konradp.com/products/

xcellent software.am usin it rt now.

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
oh my god
I didnt expected so much of replies
Thanks to all of you guys
From days i was searching for this software
Thanks a Lot again

anandk

Distinguished Member
getright downloader has an option to shut down pc/ or hangup when downloads completed.

go_gamez

In the zone
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
well if u use win XP u can tell xp to shutdown automatically , here's the command you need to type at the command prompt .
Code:
at {time in 24 hr format} "shutdown -s -f"

example :

at 15:11 "shutdown -s -f"

will shut down my computer at 3:11 PM .

hope you have a good sleep now .

this doesnt work..cause i think it doesnt...work if a few programs..r running..or does not support force shutdown ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom