Status
Not open for further replies.

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
Hey, didn't u ever use digit CDs? They all have HTML based interface and they autorun. Digit uses a program begin.exe to launch internet explorer, which opens the Agreement page. When U click on I AGREE button, it just opens a fullscreen window having the interface page.
I don't know whether u can use begin.exe for free or not, but u can try it in ur CD, copy autorun.inf and begin.exe to root of ur cd and change the paths of main html page in autorun.inf, and it will autorun.

Digit Guys, I don't know if using ur begin.exe is legal or not. If it is not, I would suggest krishnansurya to not to use the file.

H

h4ck3r

@ the konqueror : pls be sure to guide a person rightly :evil:

So u want autorun..ok to create a autorun.ini is this simple...
The autorun.ini or sometimes inf file is responsible for the cd to autorun.The file should be as follows
==========================
[autorun]
open=index.htm ; or te name of the .htm file
icon=name.ico
==========================

Make sure you write these lines in a notepad and then save it with extension ".ini".. One more condition is tht u should have the index.htm and name.ico (in this case) in the cd or if u have it inside a folder mention the ful path(use copy/paste) and finally put this file inside your cd..
If it is a game cd use setup.exe intead of index.htm and hl.ico if it is half life icon.... Thats it !! its simple 8)

If u wanna know more pm me

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
h4ck3r said:
Make sure you write these lines in a notepad and then save it with extension ".ini"..

or .inf? i make mine with that extension.
anyways as h4ck3r said just open a text doc and paste this in it:
dont paste the text in quotes("")!

Code:
[autorun]
open=index.html ("name of your file")
icon=myicon.ico ("in case you have an icon file to replace the drive icon")
label=NAME(" replace the drive name with this name")
save as
Code:
Autorun.inf
the icon file and the html file should rest in the same directory as the inf file

Sourabh

Laptoping
huh?? i m not sure whether this

open=index.htm

really works or not :roll:

i tried it once and it doesnt work

i suppose only open=somefile.exe only works

someone plz clarify

tuxfan

Technomancer
My experince was same as that of Sourabh. I think only exe files can be run. Just think. Digit (and all other mags) keeps a .exe file that runs a .htm file. If it is possible to run a .htm file directly, why would they keep a .exe file?

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
guys, u can do it without begin.exe also...

Create an autorun.inf in notepad...

ADD :

[autorun]
icon=<someiconname>.ico
open=begin.exe iexplore&-k CDREPLACE<somehtmlfilename>.htm

And hey.... replace <someiconname> with whatever name u please &
<somehtmlfilename> with ur html file name...

i.e replace
<someiconname>.ico
with
icon.ico
(for eg.)

&
<somehtmlfilename>.htm
with
index.htm
(for eg.)

PS:
For running non-html files like exe files just type open=<somename>.exe

H

h4ck3r

Sourabh said:
huh?? i m not sure whether this

open=index.htm

really works or not :roll:

i tried it once and it doesnt work

i suppose only open=somefile.exe only works

someone plz clarify

I am damn sure tht open=index.htm works as long as the index.htm file is in the same folder in which the .ini file resides.

Sourabh

Laptoping
@ h4ck3r:

well i just posted in wht i observed
i have myself experienced it so have shared it in here and also stated i m not sure abt it and mebbe i cod have been wrong

but someone else too has had a similar experience, so my observation is hopefully correct

well the htm file mebbe wodnt have been working coz i tried it on IE 5.0 i suppose on win2k mebbe thts the reason

ill check it again the next time i burn a data cd

H

h4ck3r

Iam not fighting

@Sourabh
Iam not fighting..thts not what we are here for...
Try ie6 or firefox and it will work..iam very sure becoz this is the method i employ for every autorun in data cds i create..(game cds also)

tuxfan

Technomancer
Just think. Digit (and all other mags) keeps a .exe file that runs a .htm file. If it is possible to run a .htm file directly, why would they keep a .exe file?

This is what I said earlier. Any answers?

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi all
Sorry tuxfan..... I have used the autorun.ini file with open="some.htm" and it worked perfectly.... So it is not mandatory to have only application. However only constraint is that the file type type given should be registered i.e. the computer should have an assocuiated application installed...

Regards,
Ramprasad

tuxfan

Technomancer
Thats strange. I have tried using a .htm file earlier as autorun and it hasn't worked :( Has it got anything to do with the OS? I tried it on Win98SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom