AutopatcherXP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

raval_manoj

Broken In
Hi friends,

Bellow mentioned was my first bad experience with Autopatcher XP & posted this problem somewhere in Q & A section - but couldn't get proper reply or solution for the same. After that somehow I managed to recover that previous XP installation.

After that incidence, I again tried to install Autupatcher XP from Sept or Oct 2005 Digit DVD (exact month I don't remember). I removed previous installation of AutopatcherXP - folders etc all. But same bad time was waiting for me.
WindowsXP refused to boot at all. Continue booting process endlessly - & unable to boot WinXP.

I've tried to install from User mode as well from Administrative mode, but same result..!!??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

This is about strange result from using Autopatcher XP. So first, here is my system details:-

P – III 800 Mhz
256 Mb SD-RAM
20 Gb Samsung HDD with 3 partitions

Dual boot:- Win98SE and other is WindowsXP Professional (SP2) with ZoneAlarm firewall Pro. 5.5.094.
As per my system property display “Windows XP Professional Version2002. Service Pack 2, v.2096.
And in System Information, it is mentioned like: “Version=5.1.2600.2096 (xpsp_sp2_rc1.040311-2315)

I faced strange problem by using Autopatcher XP March Edition from May 05 Digit DVD. Prior to this Autopatcher XP installation there was no User or Password for Windows XP login system, there was normal booting after selecting WinXP Professional from dual boot option. Only Administrative Password was there.

But after reboot followed by the installation of “Autopatcher XP March Edition� from May05 Digit DVD, I was asked to enter the password to login Windows XP. That was very strange, because there was no password defined by me at all during installation of Win98SE or WinXP except Administrator password in WinXP.

I tried all the way, including administrative password, but I was not able to login Windows XP at all. There was no way for me except fresh re-installation of WinXP. Is there any way to overcome such type of problem?

Then what’s gone wrong? Is there any other method to install Autopatcher XP? I think AutopatcherXP is available from February 2005 DVD. Is it like that, have to install all Autopatcher XP in sequence: like first older one than next month’s update? Or last Autopatcher contains all previous updates? There is Autopatcher XP June 2005 in August05 DVD, only this installation is required or all including older are must in sequence?

Pls help me for the same. I hesitate to install from August DVD because of my previous bad experience. Is there any way to login WindosXP if such type of problem occur again?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
looks like u disabled the Login screen to non-XP style...

Dont blindly install all the things in it, it contains many unwanted things too...

For password for Admin account usage, change the usernae to Administrator and then type the pass... else i think, jus press enter in the classic logon screen.. it will do...

Install only th updates really necessary for u...

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
the updates given by default dont do any kinda damage

if check all of them there are bound to be problems !!!

just install critical & non critical updates , for me others are a waste !!!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
how to remove autopather
as it is installed in programs files
entry does not exists in add/remove programs
applet.

can I simply delete it?
if it safe?
how to remove its registraion entries?

also what is power menu which was installed by autopatcher, when I double click on it nothing happengs

autopatcher-june05
OS WIN-XP WITH SP2

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
@gary4gar - Sometimes (mostly in new versions) Auto Patcher provides an uninstall link bundled which does no registry editing at all

So u can Delete it safely, I do that always... ;)

If u are too paranoid of registry (its not an application, jus a collection of files and an interface...so no useful/core entries) jus run a Registry Cleaner...

As for PowerMenu
kelly said:
Power Menu

From the developer: "PowerMenu adds some powerful new extensions to the windows system menu. It adds the following extensions: -Minimize windows to the system tray. Make windows overlap other windows (always on top). Set the parent process priority of windows. Set the transparency level of a window (Windows 2000/XP only). "Version 1.5.0 supports making console windows top most (under NT) and new command line options."
Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom