Status
Not open for further replies.

apacheman

Journeyman
Hi...
i jus wanted to know if the previous versions of Autopatcher XP like August05, Dec05, Jan06, Sep06, Nov06 etc. are needed to install the Autpatcher XP May07 Core?
Does the May07 Core includes all of the Autopatchers? And where can i get all the previous versions?
plz help me.....

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
No, the May 2007 Core pack contains all the major updates released after SP2 in it (Its what they used to call Full before). You don't need an older AutoPatcher.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Lite contains just Windows Updates. While a Full contains other things like a Google Toolbar, DirectX Updates, and more other software bundled along. If you just like updates, go Lite, cause its much smaller to download. And maybe once in a while you can go Full to get some cool add-ons and tweaks they have to offer.

OP
A

apacheman

Journeyman
Hi Qwerty...
Actually, i jus have Windows XP SP2 installed. and i'd like to update. but i dont need tose optional updates, like thse add-ons & extras, just the critical ones will do.
Now, what is this May07 Core? Is it the Full or Lite one? And i have never installed any Autopatcher before, Is it fine to just install the Feb07 one? Or do i even install the Nov06 Lite before?
Help me plz......

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Since you haven't run any AutoPatcher yet, its safe for you to run any version of AutoPatcher, try the latest you got (May or Feb 2007) and when you start it, it gives you several options. Simply un-select all the optional stuff except for the Updates shown in the window and apply the patches, done.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
can we delete the AutoPatcher Folder from Program Files Folder?

i've installed AutoPatcher May2007 release from PC World DVD:))

PCW ppl forgot to add the June release in that DVD :)), now the AP July Release refuses to install.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ You can delete (rather uninstall) but then you won't be able to install the subsequent releases. My suggestion, install AutoPatcher August and then uninstall the source files, since its non-existant. The autopatcher program would be uninstalled with the source patches while the updates are still there :)

avik_chat

Broken In
For all of your information, Autopatcher updates have been discontinued due to complaints from BIG DADDY (Microsoft). So dont break your head any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom