Autopatcher XP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

raval_manoj

Broken In
Hi,

This is about strange result from using Autopatcher XP. So first, here is my system details:-

P – III 800 Mhz
256 Mb SD-RAM
20 Gb Samsung HDD with 3 partitions

Dual boot:- Win98SE and other is WindowsXP Professional (SP2) with ZoneAlarm firewall Pro. 5.5.094.
As per my system property display “Windows XP Professional Version2002. Service Pack 2, v.2096.
And in System Information, it is mentioned like: “Version=5.1.2600.2096 (xpsp_sp2_rc1.040311-2315)

I faced strange problem by using Autopatcher XP March Edition from May 05 Digit DVD. Prior to this Autopatcher XP installation there was no User or Password for Windows XP login system, there was normal booting after selecting WinXP Professional from dual boot option. Only Administrative Password was there.

But after reboot followed by the installation of “Autopatcher XP March Edition� from May05 Digit DVD, I was asked to enter the password to login Windows XP. That was very strange, because there was no password defined by me at all during installation of Win98SE or WinXP except Administrator password in WinXP.

I tried all the way, including administrative password, but I was not able to login Windows XP at all. There was no way for me except fresh re-installation of WinXP. Is there any way to overcome such type of problem?

Then what’s gone wrong? Is there any other method to install Autopatcher XP? I think AutopatcherXP is available from February 2005 DVD. Is it like that, have to install all Autopatcher XP in sequence: like first older one than next month’s update? Or last Autopatcher contains all previous updates? There is Autopatcher XP June 2005 in August05 DVD, only this installation is required or all including older are must in sequence?

Pls help me for the same. I hesitate to install from August DVD because of my previous bad experience. Is there any way to login WindosXP if such type of problem occur again?

Deep

Version 2.0
what I feel is, it had enabled classic login type and i dont think so it would have changed your password or anything...

was it showing you the option to enter user and pass both or just enter the pass?

you can always try use administrator (default pass is blank) now if u dont see option to enter username then just press control + alt + del..then it will show u the classic login window..so u can enter admin and login...

to be frank, i have never faced this kind of problem with autopatcher earlier...

Deep

rrt

Right off the assembly line
I am also mfacing same problem while installing autopatcher June 05. after installing first 8 files it stops . After trying thrice I gave up. How does I install the same?

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Does it Show "Major F**** error" ? If Does , then it is most probable that U Already have an AutopatcherXP Folder in the destination Drive with Older Version Files. Remove the Older Folder and all its Componenets and It may yet work.

And The Latest AutopatcherXP Edition is What everyone needs as It always contains all the previous UPDATEs.

expertno.1

Technomancer
Does it Show "Major F**** error" ? If Does , then it is most probable that U Already have an AutopatcherXP Folder in the destination Drive with Older Version Files. Remove the Older Folder and all its Componenets and It may yet work.

no dude its doesn't works

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Well. It worked in My Case. Sorry that it doesn't work in ur case. Wait 4 others to Drop By.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom