Autopatcher infected with trojans???

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I installed .NET framework from Autopatcher May 2005 edition. avast! detects a trojan in one of the installed files. Is this a false positive or other antivirus programs are detecting it too?
*www.geocities.com/welcometomonkeyisland/trojan.jpg

swatkat

Technomancer
Most probably it's a false positive (heuristic warning?). You can upload and scan the file here.

mukul

Journeyman
guys there are lots of problem with autopatchers

My windows media player10 stopped working creating a menace , it's not recovered from errors yet

it dont starts nor uninstalls

and all softwares that run using WMP10 have stopped working

S

sunnydiv

mukul

as dexter once told me, i tell u.

"WELCOME TO THE CLUB"

anandk

Distinguished Member
u r right. had noticed the same thing. the spyware dotnet is present in autopatcher may. just 'uncheck' its installation or remove it with ur anti-spy afterwards.

rajat22

In the zone
My windows media player10 stopped working creating a menace , it's not recovered from errors yet

Absolutely similar problem with me :twisted: . Used autopatcher after a format on XP SP 2, yet to be solved. :cry: :cry:

Any how let us all investigate into this matter. :x :x

Though

AutoPatcher XP July 2005 Full/Lite Released :wink:

Size of Full - 153 MB
*cpugeniusmv.org/hosting/apxp/AutoPatcher_XP_Jul2005_Full.exe
Size of Lite - 73 MB
*cpugeniusmv.org/hosting/apxp/AutoPatcher_XP_Jul2005_Lite.exe

anandk

Distinguished Member
rajat22, liked ur style :lol: :lol: :lol: had a good laff after quite a long ime ! look forward to seeing more of ur such multiple posts !! :) :wink:

rajat22

In the zone
'theraven' at QA section taught 'reinstalling windows without losing data'.
WMP 10 problem, can reinstallation cure it??? :?: :?: :?: :?

But ,this time after reinstallation, I am not going to use autopatcher any more :evil: :evil: :twisted:

loo_31

Broken In
drvarunmehta said:
I installed .NET framework from Autopatcher May 2005 edition. avast! detects a trojan in one of the installed files. Is this a false positive or other antivirus programs are detecting it too?
*www.geocities.com/welcometomonkeyisland/trojan.jpg
There were no problems with me when i installed autopatcher, even i use avast antivirus, scan it again and see if you get the same message again.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmm! Mine also went Smoothly. And I also use Avast 4.6 HE with Latest Updates. Urs may be a unlucky case ?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Trojan HUH ?????

HEY dont u guys ever read readme files in yr lives ?????

AUTOPATCHER CLEARLY MENTIONS THAT ANTIVIRUS CREATES SOME ALERTS AND THUS RECOMMENDS U TA OFF IT AS IT WORKS WITH WINDOW"S UPDATES THRO REGISTRY EDITING

Hope u understand (non update downloaders)

rajat22

In the zone
@ QwertyManiac

Please ask your autopatcher to make our WMP 10 ok. :evil:

We have read the readme files dude. :x

A similar problem to many after autopatcher, demands an enquiry, right??? :roll:

We are not fighting here 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom