automating IP address settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
How can I automate the changing of my IP address settings of LAN ?
I have to frequently change my IP address, gateway and DNS servers...
so I need a script or software that will allow me to avoid typing it everytime I require to change my connection settings!

please let me know soon:)

GeeNeeYes said:
How can I automate the changing of my IP address settings of LAN ?
I have to frequently change my IP address, gateway and DNS servers...
so I need a script or software that will allow me to avoid typing it everytime I require to change my connection settings!

please let me know soon:)
frequently ???? why ? ok goto run. type regedit and enter.

and goto below address and change,,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\

mediator

Technomancer
Why do u select static ip in first place? Isn't automatic allocation of dynamic ip,gateway, DNS by widows OS itself easy enough?

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Configure ur router to setup a DHCP Server to distribute IP addresses to the LAN network. to assign IP addresses in router config

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
mediator said:
Why do u select static ip in first place? Isn't automatic allocation of dynamic ip,gateway, DNS by widows OS itself easy enough?

I faced the same problem, some offices where I traveled & connected frequently had static IP setup, so you cant help in that case I found the following software does save ur profile, but chaging the workgroup & rebooting still may be required in some cases.

Netchange 1.03
Net profile switch
few more I found on google but I dont rememberthe name.

OP
GeeNeeYes

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
24online said:
frequently ???? why ? ok goto run. type regedit and enter.

and goto below address and change,,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\
thanks a lot dude, it helped me a lot... i have created reg files for my different settings.... heartfelt thanks!

ranjan2001 said:
I faced the same problem, some offices where I traveled & connected frequently had static IP setup, so you cant help in that case I found the following software does save ur profile, but chaging the workgroup & rebooting still may be required in some cases.

Netchange 1.03
Net profile switch
few more I found on google but I dont rememberthe name.
thanx buddy I will soon try the software you mentioned... thanks for helping

you both helped me a lot of time, headache and trouble :D
others didnt give helpful reply in the proper context! sorry n thanks for trying

REPUTATIONS ADDED TO BOTH!! THANKS SO MUCH

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
FOR BSNL USERS...changing the IP address of the computer 192.168.1.X (and not the router address)..causes any problem..while logging or connecting to the dataone..or downloading anything via p2p clients like Bitcomet etc..

OP
GeeNeeYes

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
rahul_becks23 said:
if its dynamin........... then

reconnect ur connection ..................... thats it .
are you nuts!
if it was dynamic then obviously I wouldnt have posted

thanks everybody who replied... i tried the registry trick but it needs to restart....
so I will check out the softwares mentioned above
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom