Automatic Updates Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
When you install automatic updates, windows asks to restart the comp about every 5 mins or so, right? is there any way to disable that and restart later?

because, just now, i was chatting with my friend, typed a message and just when i was about to press enter the "plz restart" window popped up, with the "restart now" button on focus. i pressed enter and it restarted. had to wait for all the startup to load once again....really annoying...

satyamy

Alive Again...
dheeraj_kumar said:
When you install automatic updates, windows asks to restart the comp about every 5 mins or so, right? is there any way to disable that and restart later?

because, just now, i was chatting with my friend, typed a message and just when i was about to press enter the "plz restart" window popped up, with the "restart now" button on focus. i pressed enter and it restarted. had to wait for all the startup to load once again....really annoying...
Why are you taking that much tension when you receive any of this message just press Alt+Tab & switch to your previous work or chat u were doing

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
If you are too indulged in thoughts of typing, and you are not having a look at the screen and typing like a maniac, lots of chances of hitting enter ;)

Indeed there is a way to stop this in gpedit.msc u ahve some option in automatic updates...at job now cant tell u the exact path :(

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
the best option available to us is select when automatic updates available notify me and do not download them by this u can install & donload them when ur are free so the diolog box does not disturb u.

regards,
gary

OP
dheeraj_kumar

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Thanks everyone, especially __Virus__

there is an option in group policy editor.
Local computer policy->computer configuration->administrative templates->windows components->windows update->re-prompt for restart with scheduled installations.

i disabled that and it worked perfectly. thanks once again!

PS: repped you virus

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
dheeraj_kumar said:
Thanks everyone, especially __Virus__

there is an option in group policy editor.
Local computer policy->computer configuration->administrative templates->windows components->windows update->re-prompt for restart with scheduled installations.

i disabled that and it worked perfectly. thanks once again!

PS: repped you virus

opss!!!! thanks... dint see it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom