Automate My Computer......

Status
Not open for further replies.

keep_it_rl

Broken In
Automate My Computer......IF ur good at scripting plz check this thread

Planning to go on a holiday...and i have decided to leave my pc running when i am gone..........

So i am looking for a application.......
which can schedule task to happen at a certain event........
For eg....
Disconnect and reconnect my pc if download speed goes below a certain level.....

can a simple utility be created to do just that

Its available in vista
*technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/aa906020.aspx

Last edited:

pushkaraj

In the zone
Chill mate.............

First of all, i would suggest u to change ur pic.

About ur problem, if u go on a holiday, then is it like no one will be at home. Then i suggest that u dont think about automatin ur pc.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
You can use WSH(Windows Scripting Host) to automate your PC , but it is a Scripting Environment n ou'l have to write your own script to do whatever u want .

*msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms950396.aspx

msnways1

Broken In
:mad:

Yeah, pls dont automate your pc. Its not good for pc's health & you never know weather if your AV/FW goes down meanwhile internet/downloading is in progress. And you can't think further in such situations. Better you download or connect to internet at night times, whenver you or anyone will be at home

OP
keep_it_rl

keep_it_rl

Broken In
pushkaraj said:
Chill mate.............

First of all, i would suggest u to change ur pic.

About ur problem, if u go on a holiday, then is it like no one will be at home. Then i suggest that u dont think about automatin ur pc.

Chill mate??????
whts that all about...
cant u c my avatar dont i look chilled...

And well why do u want me to change my Pic

charangk said:
Check this : Auto Power-on & Shutdown

Also this thread

thank you very much for that dude.....

Zeeshan Quireshi said:
You can use WSH(Windows Scripting Host) to automate your PC , but it is a Scripting Environment n ou'l have to write your own script to do whatever u want .

*msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms950396.aspx
thats an awesome idea...but im not very strong at scripting so i have found a kind soul(lets hope so)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=974
who seems to be good at scripting...lets c

and dude can u plz pm guys who are good at scripting to check this thread out

msnways1 said:
:mad:

Yeah, pls dont automate your pc. Its not good for pc's health & you never know weather if your AV/FW goes down meanwhile internet/downloading is in progress. And you can't think further in such situations. Better you download or connect to internet at night times, whenever you or anyone will be at home

thats the whole point i can even program the computer to shut down automatically if my av goes down...

Last edited:

pushkaraj

In the zone
keep_it_rl said:
Chill mate??????
whts that all about...
cant u c my avatar dont i look chilled...

And well why do u want me to change my Pic
@keep_it_rl m extremely sorry for my mistake. Actually was in hurry and messed up the words which i was supposed to type somewhere else.

And about the pic, yes, initially i felt it was weird. Wasn't able to understand what exactly do you want to portray.

Once again, sorry:oops: for the fuss i created.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
hmm i am still thinking about the power supply at ur end and the backups available .. bcoz as i undertand u are not there nor is any supervisor and so the chances are that the power my surge!

ups can stand uptill some times what if it goes down!

many question arises my friend i am not sure for any correct answer till now but gimme some time i will try to find some answers for y

joe bloggs

Right off the assembly line
Hey i've just stumbled across this new website which might be of interest to you. Check it out www.automatemypc.com it seems to do everything you want plus much more.

Plus its not ridiculously expensive like most software like it. Download their trial free it seems to be the full version for a limited period.

:razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom