Automate 2-8AM Bsnl downloads (easiest way no sheduling tasks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aytus

The Boss
hi.. i know this has already been posted many times.. but i think that all of those tuts tell you to go through complicated processes.. i think ive found an easy way around..

first you need to download these two files..

*www.megaupload.com/?d=BAHD811H
this is reconnect.. used to automate dialling process
first make sure the right dial up connection is selected in the drop down list
double click the file.. go to settings ..
check "start with windows" ... also check "connect with startup"
*i33.tinypic.com/2ujgh84.jpg

now download second file
wake up on standby or hibernate.. here is the link
*www.megaupload.com/?d=7B0BDXWS

now enter the date and time as next days date and 2:15AM

check "run the following programme/file/webpage when computer wakes up
in the path browse t0 ur desired downloader (like for utorrent ive configured)

now add your torrents or files in utorrent or fdm and start downloading and exit utorrent without stopping the downloads .. or else you can configure your utorrent sheduler to download only between 2 to 8 am .. that way whenever you add a download it will get queued..

now hit the big start button at the bottom..
*i36.tinypic.com/n2bp7t.jpg
now put your pc in hibernate mode..
enjoy/

For Advanced users only:
the software can create various complicated scripts .. if you wish so..

now if you want to skip the step of adding utorrent to autorun everytime your pc starts, then for that there is a feature in uTorrent called Scheduler.
U can schedule your downloads from 2-8 and check the option Run At Startup.
for this you need to make all the boxes green in the time frame of 2am to 8am and rest of them as white. this way you can add the torrents simply by clicking them in the daytime and they will simply get added in utorrent and status will be displayed as queued. and at night time the download will automatically start..
*i34.tinypic.com/2ywwqi9.jpg
btw to disable this feature (if you want to download some torrent in the daytime) simply click the utorrent icon in the system tray and uncheck "enable sheduler"

this tutorial is intended for people using bridged mode only. if you are using pppoe then you can either swich to bridged mode by configuring your modem or you can use some scripts that will reboot your modem when run.. the scripts will differ according to the make and model of your router. if so is the case post your routers make and model no. in the thread and maybe we can help you get ur script. also you can shedule to run this script in wosb.exe itself.

in the end jst make sure you put the start time as 2:15AM with the right date. To repeate the tasks everyday just check all the desired days in the wosb main window.

Last edited:

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Thanks a lot, I was using the Sheduled Tasks method, but it didn't worked always, I will try this for sure , Thanks !

OP
aytus

aytus

The Boss
dude i uploaded the files on megaupload myself.. scanned with no viruses.

nyhow.. if you still want then check out the orignal site and mannual *www.dennisbabkin.com/php/docs.php?what=WOSB

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
One thing I don't understand is why don't you guys select the option to Run at Startup of uTorrent instead of automating its Startup using a third party software? You do manage the connection time using the Auto Dialer and Auto Disconnect.
I have a UL connection so my machine is practically 24x7 ON but during Power cuts have shut it down manually and when power comes back, have to power it up manually too. If u can automate that, tell me. *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/103.png

OP
aytus

aytus

The Boss
firstly this tutorial is basically for home 500 C and other similar plans.. which are NOT unlimited data plans.. and there would be many who WILL forget about utorrent if its on autostart and it will suck up their bandwidth in the day time also thats y its advised not to keep it on autostart. rather swich it on mannually using third party apps.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Okay your method is working like a charm to me, but that Woke up on hibernate thingy isn't working coz I have password in my account and I don't wanna remove my password, so is there any way that only once in the night time, i.e at 2 am it would not ask for any password and resume to desktop on its own ?

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Okay your method is working like a charm to me, but that Woke up on hibernate thingy isn't working coz I have password in my account and I don't wanna remove my password, so is there any way that only once in the night time, i.e at 2 am it would not ask for any password and resume to desktop on its own ?
You may have to use some macro software but I guess it wouldnt work unless you first boot into windows.
dude i uploaded the files on megaupload myself.. scanned with no viruses.

nyhow.. if you still want then check out the orignal site and mannual *www.dennisbabkin.com/php/docs.php?what=WOSB
No problems,I was just curious :rolleyes:

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
firstly this tutorial is basically for home 500 C and other similar plans.. which are NOT unlimited data plans.. and there would be many who WILL forget about utorrent if its on autostart and it will suck up their bandwidth in the day time also thats y its advised not to keep it on autostart. rather swich it on mannually using third party apps.

There is a feature in uTorrent called Scheduler.
U can schedule your downloads from 2-8 and check the option Run At Startup.
Now it does not consume the Limited bandwidth. :)

OP
aytus

aytus

The Boss
^^ yes been using it like that for a long time.. didnt mention it to avoid confusion and bcos my target was to accomplish something that applies to all softwares and not only utorrent.. but since no one seems to be bothered about any other client.. so i added it in first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom