auto wht??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfame

Padawan
i hav noticed that when i leave on my pc for 20mins being ideal (downloading), i hav observed that two times i hav found it in off conditions such that it switches off itself.
Although it doesn't happens when i work for long hrs but has happen twice when i had leave it on for 20mins approx.
my hdd temp is 48-49C.:confused:
i know its high but i had already installed a extra fan for it but still to no use.
is it due to hdd temp.
if its then it should happen oftenly but it has only happened twice.
wht should i do?:(

Geforce

Journeyman
Firstly check your system for potential viruses and spyware software.

I don't think this is a heat issue, because ...when you r working on the pc then there is more load as compared to when it's idle.

Also check the power settings in the control panel, there can be a problem when system goes into sleep mode (by default it's 20min) because of missing or corrupt motherboard drivers so update them. Try and disable sleep/hibernation and see if the problem persists.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Not sure if you mean system switches off or the modem switches off... For system, you should check the power settings... For the modem, you should look at the modem's properties under Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager... Look at the tab called Power Management and look for an entry that says Allow computer to turn off this device to save power... It should be unchecked...

Arun

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
all the settings r ok in power management.
it had occur only twice but why?

i don't use a modem, i access net thro LAN

Geforce

Journeyman
If you are sure power settings r ok, and that it has happened only twice then i think it can be your UPS also.

Sometimes when electricity goes from OFF state to ON in a quick succession (like a spike), for that moment the UPS can miss out on switching while shifting load to battery.....it has happened to my (very gud quality) APC UPS once as well :-(. But only once till now ....touch wood. :-|

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
ya my ups is dead.
it just restart the pc when light goes off & monitor remains off.
for me its nothing then a extension (multi-plug) device. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom