Auto run CDs or bootable diskss...Not able to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishan

In the zone
I have Suse linux installed and so while starting the PC I am not able to run bootable disks....
I f my PC cracks what will I do?

Precuation is beeter than to cure! isn't it?

OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
Some one gave me an advice to remove SUSE Linux: IF U HAV THE SUSE INSTALLATION DISK : reboot selecting cd drive as 1st boot device nd insert suse disk, in the installation menu there will b option of removing suse, click on it n proceed. but by dis u cant see the partition (on vich suse ws stored) in windows, even after suse has been uninstalled. 4 getting the partition back use Drivemagic 4, or some such oder software.

But I am not able to Boot the CD only!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Why do you want to remove suse linux?
Have you enabled cd-drive as your first boot deivce? If not, you will need to go to BIOS and change the settings from there and make your cd-drive as the first boot device.

phatratt

In the zone
Ishan said:
I f my PC cracks what will I do?

what do u mean by PC cracks??

Anyhow coming back to u'r problem.First change the boot priority to the optical drive(CD-ROM)at the BIOS and insert the CD and restart the PC the SUSE bootable disk installationwill kick.During installation,it will ask u to choose any drive(make sure u have atleast 5GB)which is later converted into
ext filesystem and hence its not visible in windows.If u want u'r partition back
try partition magic to convert the drive back to FAT/NTFS filesystem.But,beware,u can loose all the data(i have expirenced this situation)Also SUSE linux will install its boot loader in the MBR(Master Boot Record)

OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
Actually I just Installed it to see how it is. And I am not running it. so it is just a burden for me.

One thing more. I have also installed Linux Knopix Plug n Play(It runs from its CD). So How to remove it?

OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
OK The CD Started and could see the foll After the Welcome Screen :
1)Boot From Hard Disk
2)Installation
3)Installation-ACPI Disabled
4)Installation-....Sorry Forgot. It wasn't the option I anted.I m sure!
5)Manual Installation.
6)Rescue System

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Knoppix is not called plug and play its called live cd. Thats what I am using right now too. You haven't installed anything. It just runs from ur RAM and once you reboot, its all gone.
If you want the partition back to use for windows, you will have to format it again to FAT32 or NTFS. Now, you can do that using Knoppix cd for that it would be great if you could give me the out put of
fdisk -l /dev/hda
from the knoppix cd.

Note here that after fdisk it is a small L and not a big i. And I guess if you have SATA disk you will have to use sda instead of hda in the command.
Then I can guide you better or else you could loose your windows partition too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom