Auto detection of Modem in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

daumaster

Broken In
I recently bought a DLink External modem, Model DFM-560ES. I downloaded separate drivers for Windows 98 SE and Windows XP from the net. The modem is detected in Win 98SE on bootup (ie it is displayed in the device manager) without it being powered on. However, in WinXP, the modem is required to be kept on at boot up for it to be detected. Otherwise, it is not displayed in the device manager. The ‘Action’ button in the device manager is to be used to scan for hardware change for detecting the modem.

My previous DLink External modem, Model DFM-560/E had the same drivers for both Win 98SE and WIN XP and it was not required to be powered on during boot up to be detected by the two OSs. If kept on during boot up, the modem was detected as a new hardware and Windows started looking for its already installed drivers.

Should I use the same drivers for the 560-ES for both Win 98SE and Win XP to avoid this ?

ice

In the zone
Id suggest u power up ur modem before bootin Xp, it happend to me too on my US robotics modem.

Btw , out of curiosity, ur xp is updated right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom