audio files organizer???

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by kikass, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kikass

kikass New Member

hi all.... i have nearly 5000 AAC (m4a) files in one single folder. all of them have artist and title tags and also all filenames are in "artist - title.m4a" format (no exceptions).. i am looking for a software or even a batch file or any script which will read the artist name (from filename or tag), create a new folder with that name and then move all files by that artist into the created folder.
    Any suggestions??

PS i thought of creating a program in C (using TC) for doing this... but some of the filenames are really long... will a program made in C (which is DOS based) be able to handle them??

thanx all

2. manas

manas Wandering in the zone ...

You can use iTunes to do that.It organizes the audio files automatically by artist names.

3. OP
    OP
    kikass

kikass New Member

i had tried using iTunes... but theres a problem with that.. coz that renames the files from "artist - title" to just "title" and places it under a folder "unknown album" (coz i dont use album tag) under "artist" folder!!!
    i dont want anything to do with albums... and the program shouldnt rename my files as they are named perfectly... (even the damned letter cases!! !!)

^bump^

PROBLEM SOLVED.... i couldnt find any software which suited my needs so i brushed up my java and wrote a program!

and IT WORKED !!!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.