ATTENTION: Write your name in the Firefox code !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Guys!

Mozilla Foundation is offering to "immortalise" people's names in the code of Firefox 2.0, if they manage to persuade a friend to download its Firefox Web browser before 15 September.

To commemorate the creation of Mozilla Foundation three years ago, Mozilla announced on 15 July that if Firefox users persuade a friend to download Firefox, both the user and the friends' names will be added to the source code of the latest version of the browser, Firefox 2.

"Share Firefox with a friend. If your friend downloads Firefox before September 15, you'll both be immortalised in Firefox 2," said Mozilla Foundation in a statement.

So do it here. :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Firefox has come to these type of gimmicks to persuade users to use their product , lame .

knight17

In the zone
Who will see your name if it is hidden in scode...

and if many ppl are gonna do this ff dl size will shoot up to something like

18 MB...

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
How will our names be included in Firefox 2?

If both you and your friend opt-in to have your names included, we’ll add your names to an interactive Firefox friends display that will be accessible from within Firefox 2.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
This is just a marketing gimik , Just to attract more users to use their product. One i have given my name to a site which would store my name in a satellite and then sent into the space :p :D.

*img147.imageshack.us/img147/2083/nasabm7.th.jpg

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
If I want my name to be written on the browser I use, I write my own browser.
That's the way I prefer. I have already created a browser. Also I have my name
written on it.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ yea very true.
Firefox is open source . why send your name to them. get the source and add what ever you want.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Sorry for the bump :(

But I was just wondering hv they included the names in ff 2.0?
Is there any method to see the names? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom