ATTENTION: Windows Vista Grace Period Extended to 120 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Every Vista DVD includes the ability to install any edition of Vista without a product key. When you install without a product key, you get an automatic 30 day evaluation period. This probably isn't news to anyone.

What may be news to you, however, is that you can easily extend the 30-day Windows Vista grace period to 120 days. No hacks required. This is an official, supported operation directly from Microsoft.

To extend the grace period another 30 days, simply start a command prompt as Administrator, and issue this command:

slmgr -rearm

Reboot for the change to take effect, and voila, you have 30 more days. You can only extend three times, so the total grace period for a Vista evaluation is 120 days.

Source

anispace

dattebayo
so then can i download a Vista DVD iso from some torrent and try it out legally for 4 months. If this is true then its awesome:):)

thanx man.. this is really wonderful news.

premsharma

In the zone
anispace said:
so then can i download a Vista DVD iso from some torrent and try it out legally for 4 months. If this is true then its awesome:):)

thanx man.. this is really wonderful news.

not from torrent but from rs

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The grace period is a boon for new application developers, who want to check weather there applications works or not, legally, 120 days are enough to beta test one built throughly. If u need more, simply reinstall again after 4 months

anispace

dattebayo
rs sucks. Torrents are far more reliable(for me atleast) coz atleast u have some idea of what ur downloading and also no need to worry bout broken links.

@vishal
will windows update work for the grace period?

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Thx for info Vishal.

gx_saurav said:
If u need more, simply reinstall again after 4 months
If so then thread topic shud b changed to

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon2.gif ATTENTION: Windows Vista Grace Period Extended to unlimited Days

:D :D :D

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Installing Vista again and evaluating it for another 120 days will work but is not allowed. As according to the license u can use it only for 120 days.

Nice info vishal. I can try it for 120 days and by that the end of this period i Should afford vista

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
actully, installing vista for unlimited times is allowed, as long as it is being installed on the same system. MS has done a really good thing of leting the people evaluate Vista for 4 months before buying it

goobimama

 Macboy
One more question. Is the Release to Manufacturers (RTM) one the same as the Vista released two days back?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
n2casey said:
Thx for info Vishal.

If so then thread topic shud b changed to

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon2.gif ATTENTION: Windows Vista Grace Period Extended to unlimited Days

:D :D :D
But you can't keep losing all your data and settings every four months. You will have to buy (pirate) it eventually. :)

Vyasram

The pWnster
^^^ one doesn't have to , just transfer your settings and change your documents folder to somewhere else.

i reinstall win xp almost every 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom