ATTENTION: Next Week Microsoft Will Release 8 Security Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Next week Microsoft will Release 8 Security Patches, 4 for Windows.

On 9 January 2007 Microsoft is planning to release:

Security Updates

• Three Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Windows. The highest Maximum Severity rating for these is Critical. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and the Enterprise Scan Tool. Some of these updates will require a restart.

• One Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Visual Studio. The highest Maximum Severity rating for this is Important. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and the Enterprise Scan Tool. These updates will require a restart.

• One Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office. The highest Maximum Severity rating for this is Important. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer. These updates may require a restart.

• Three Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Office. The highest Maximum Severity rating for these is Critical. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer. These updates may require a restart.

Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

• Microsoft will release an updated version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool on Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Windows Server Update Services and the Download Center.

Note that this tool will NOT be distributed using Software Update Services (SUS).

Non-security High Priority updates on MU, WU, WSUS and SUS

• Microsoft will release no NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates for Windows on Windows Update (WU) and Software Update Services (SUS).

• Microsoft will release two NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates on Microsoft Update (MU) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).

Although we do not anticipate any changes, the number of bulletins, products affected, restart information and severities are subject to change until released.

Microsoft will host a webcast next week to address customer questions on these bulletins. For more information on this webcast please see below:

• TechNet Webcast: Information about Microsoft's Security Bulletins

• Wednesday, January 10, 11:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)

•*msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCast...&EventCategory=4&culture=en-US&CountryCode=US

At this time no additional information on these bulletins such as details regarding severity or details regarding the vulnerability will be made available until 9 January 2007.

Source

G

gxsaurav

updates are free, why do u hate them unless u have a pirated windows. besides, every software out there has bugs, weather an Operating system or any application, so updating is not bad i guess

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
gxsaurav said:
updates are free, why do u hate them unless u have a pirated windows. besides, every software out there has bugs, weather an Operating system or any application, so updating is not bad i guess

Agreed, but if you have a dial up connection or limited broadband then this is really irritating.

Aditya

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
If you install a fresh windows,you have to dump all that garbage again in your installation.Happened with me, only two times though.

lalit_ngp

Broken In
whats with the High-Priority Updates for Windows on Windows Update in vista ...bill gate is trying to put some strong authentification tht vista will have only one key and only it will be activated ......for corporate users it will be cracked ....this will have any effect on it....still crackers working for this

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm.. i have Microsoft update installed in all of our systems... that should take care of Downloading :p

thnx for the info.. :)

anandk

Distinguished Member
"Microsoft has pulled four bulletins from its announced list of Patch Tuesday fixes, but did not specify why it was backpedaling on the security releases."

*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/stylucm5.gif

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I will update later ,will make a new ghost image with all latest updates. Then i dont have to download the same updates again next time.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
no way except to update...will do
@anandk nice tweak dude.I know where you saw it first.I was there when the forum was inaccessible.I dont have an account at the forum,i was just surfing.Nice place but I find digit forum better;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom