Attacked by Virus.. Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hi all..

My system was recently attacked by a virus. it is giving me continuous alert messages that the pc is infected by some viruses and performance has been reduced. I scanned with spybot and it tracked a trojan called "virtumonde.generic" and "virtumonde". the description said that it would create random named dll files and connect them to winlogon.exe file. I scanned with mcAfee antivirus. It scans the dll file in system32 folder and says that it is a "vundo" virus. but when It is not able to clean/delete/move the file. I tried several ways in safe mode etc. I installed the Avast antivirus and scanned. but after all this was done, the notification problem was fixed but the dll file is being created again and again. so, the virus must be residing still. I also scanned with adaware it reported some errors, cleaned them but still the dll file problem is not solved. Please help me out. The Avast site specifies the vundo virus in 2007 list. but the avast is not detecting it. Please help.. Doesnt avast detect viruses in dll files? Is there a better alternative or should I format, reinstall the os?

V

vaibhavtek

it looks that a great virus attack u..
u may try to kill them by antivirus but ultimately i think u will have to format the drive as a great dangerous virus had attack in ur pc...

wait for other comments.
lets see what they say...

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Did u try scanning your PC using the online scanner of kaspersky??

Here is the link, try it : *www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

It should help in cleaning up to an extent.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
vaibhavtek said:
it looks that a great virus attack u..
u may try to kill them by antivirus but ultimately i think u will have to format the drive as a great dangerous virus had attack in ur pc...

wait for other comments.
lets see what they say...
seems some biological entity....rofl..nevermind :D

try stopping system restore
and
scan using kaspersky online scanner or
Antivir free edition with updated definitions

And its always good to have defense net like thing to prevent such attracks.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Listen, it's a virus called smit fraud. And I can assure you that no anti-virus software can take care of it. Not Norton, not mcafee, not kaspersky, not avast, not spybot S&D, not nod32. NOTHING of that sort will help you with this! This gets into the system in all places, files, registry, startup, it even closes out of internet explorer if you try to get to a website that has remotely got anything to do with anti-virus.

What you need to do is search for a program called 'smitfraudfix'. Download the DOS executable program and you'll need to run it in safe mode. Please search on the internet for the exact instructions because if you screw with it the wrong way, you might loose all data!

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
1) Install one good antivirus and 2 good antispyware.
2)Update both antivirus and antispywares.
3) Boot in safe mode.
4) Turn off system restore.
6) Do full system scan with both antivirus and antispywares.
7) If possible do online scan.You can find few listed here:
*www.techhunt.org/node/72

Last edited:

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Guys, I'm telling you, I've been through this, nothing else in the world will fix it permenantly, you need 'SmitFraudFix' to fix it, like I mentioned in my previous post, no antivirus, nothing else will get the job done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom