Ati HD3870x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitash

Intel OCer
HI im gettin this card and i jus wanna know how good it is...any comments??and is 21000Rs a good price for it??And according to some reviews and vids its better than the 8800 ultra with the new catalyst 8.3 drivers is it true??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya! indeed that card is rock solid performer & it has onboard cross-fire if I am not wrong.
For Rs. 21000 it's a good deal.

By the way, Are getting this card :
Gecube 3870X2 X-Turbo Dual
*www.gecube.com/products-detail.php?prod_cat_pid=213&prod_cat_id=214&prod_id=70626

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
HD3870X2 is awesome . the pricing is awesome .. the performance is getting better with every new Catalyst release .. its definitely better than the 8800U ..

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
@amitash buddy cud u plz tell me how u managed to oc that Q6600 to 2.96 with an Itel Original DG33TL mbo???afaik u wont be able to oc that high with clkgen or somthin like that.system wont stay stable

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@amitash
its even better than 8800GT SLI in most of the case, and 8800Ultra stands nowhere near it.
And it needs much less power nd produce much less heat that even single HD 3870 !!!!.
U wud only need a gud 650W PSU to run it.

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
@hellgate i OCd it using setfsb i have OCd now to 3Ghz 8hrs stable under prime the only disadvantage is i cannot change the Vcore but the quad comes with default Vcore 1.3v which is enuf for 3Ghz..maybe just barely but its enuf...ill get u the official cpuz validation in a lil while...
@dominator i just got a new cooler master extreme 600W PSU..the card requires 550w

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
the cpuz validator site isn workin but i took a screenshot of it in front of this topic i think tat shud suffice as proof enuf...

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
ya i guess ur right but i already got tis one and no xchange...ill upgrade later in june...and how long do u think i can keep this card without upgrading??

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
U can use it w/o ny probs, but for better ocing, ull need a better one. Try the best oc u can do with it, as long as it holds everythin stable.
An oced C2Q needs lots of power. And so is the 3870 X2.
And why wud nyone oc a 3870 X2 with 2days games? u can do everytin @ 1080p @ max w/o oc.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
@amitash

I am using GeCube HD3870X2 X-Turbo Dual. Its just awsome card. And at price range of Rs 21k the deal is even better. Get the card with eyes closed.
:)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@amitash

I am using GeCube HD3870X2 X-Turbo Dual. Its just awsome card. And at price range of Rs 21k the deal is even better. Get the card with eyes closed.
:)

hmmmm...so HD3870X2 is better than 8800Ultra

so who is winner of cards in High-End Gaming :rolleyes:

Is it Ati HD3870X2,8800GT Alpha Dog Edition or latest 9600GT card

Which is the No 1 card now....:D

OP
amitash

amitash

Intel OCer
if my psu dosn pull off the OC ill just bring it bak to stock speed though i mite lose a few frames...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@KaranTh85
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78077

And BTW 9800GX2 costs 45k+ and its just a lil more powerful than X2 in some real world games. X2 beats it in 3D Mark and some games.

@amitash
ya, thats seems gud idea..u shud only upgrade to better PSU when u get enuf cash. Untill then it can hold them at stock speeds or light oc.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@KaranTh85
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78077

And BTW 9800GX2 costs 45k+ and its just a lil more powerful than X2 in some real world games. X2 beats it in 3D Mark and some games.

@amitash
ya, thats seems gud idea..u shud only upgrade to better PSU when u get enuf cash. Untill then it can hold them at stock speeds or light oc.

but there is also HD3870 which is around 14k I guess but dat card got lower
points as compared 2 8800GT Alpha Dog & 9600GT :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom