Ati HD 3870 in Hyderabad price

Status
Not open for further replies.

anooj30199302

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

Just to enquire about the new GPU from ATI.

In Hyderabad at CTC where the majority shops are centred. The ATIHD 3870 512mb DDR4 id quoted 18,500 majority shops but 2 of them said 17,800 rs as last price.

ATi HD 3850 is not available here(they say)

Guys, is this worth it? compared to 8600Gt and 8800GT ?

My query?

I need a GPU to run all latest games with high settings.

But if i but Quadro fx 570 256 mb DDR 2(only) - the entry level for graphcs application , can I still manage with the games.

This card is quoted 12,900 here.

Also, does it really matter with GPU for applications like MAYA, zbrush or 3dsmax or else is ATI' s new card fine.

Reviews are great out there for ATI (none for the 570, though) but Ati does handle like quadro that' sbetter, right.

Saw on itwares that GEcube ati 3870 is 14,250 but in hyderabd they sell Sapphire.

Please advice.

premsharma

In the zone
Comparing each other is not worth. In that sense may be 8800GT is little better but seeing that ATI HD3850 & 3870 cards are DX 10.1, that is crucial and futuristic. Graphic cards do help a bit in applications you mentioned specialy graphic related.

Sapphire is the hottest along with MSI in HD 3XXX series. I have got Sapphire HD3850 512 MB from newEgg USA through some one from USA for Rs 8000.

They are overpriced in India. It is not worth buying it for 18000 here in India. I you can get it through someone from USA then fine. See what i did i puchased it on newegg using my internation credit card and got it shipped to my friend's address in USA. My friend has recieved it there and he will be coming to India in 2nd week of Jan 08. Therefore, for me effective price of the card is Rs 8000

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@premsharma
me too wants to buy HD3870 512 from newegg for 240$. Ive a friend in USA nd he said that he can get it. But my problem is, he'll be coming only in next Dec 08. So if he sends it, will there be any tax/duty? If then how much max? ill be buying this Jan or Feb only after the release of 3870 X2 card, so im expecting price slash on current 3870.
plz reply

Demonkiller

4Ghz Here I come !
@premsharma
me too wants to buy HD3870 512 from newegg for 240$. Ive a friend in USA nd he said that he can get it. But my problem is, he'll be coming only in next Dec 08. So if he sends it, will there be any tax/duty? If then how much max? ill be buying this Jan or Feb only after the release of 3870 X2 card, so im expecting price slash on current 3870.
plz reply

Take my advice, dont ship costly things from the US. They charge upto 50% as customs duty.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
one of my friends father is a high officer in customs....can he help me? I wanna ask him only if im sure he can help me.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@monkey
but see the price diff
3850 is for 140$ in newegg, ie less than 5500/- but its bout 14k+ on itwares.
We can get three 3850 from US for the price of a single 3850 from itwares.

monkey

Padawan
Well the least price I see on newegg.com for HD3850 is $169.99 + $5.84 (shipping) i.e. $ 175.83 (approx. INR 7,120/-). If you are taking mail-in-rebate in newegg pricing then you are making a mistake. Ask people how many of them have actually got the rebate. It is more of a marketing stunt which is hardly realised in practice. My cousin had bought a laptop and applied for the rebate. Its been 1 year now and not a news about the rebate. I too had bought a vga card -through my US cousin - (look for PNY in my signature) which was providing $19.99 rebate. Its now 8 months and again not a sign of rebate. Its the same story with many (but not all) of them. Its a chance you take. And as for warranty issue - my personal experience is that local warranty is always better. Just search the forums and you might see how many members had trouble with their VGA cards. They were lucky to have local support. But if your imported card gets into trouble then even this cheap price of $140 might cost you a lot. I took chance with my PNY card as I have a spare card with me as a back-up.

If you plan to buy from theitwares.com then please first get the final price after shipping and taxes. Also do ask for the bill as some members in this forum have reported that theitwares.com does not offer bill by default. Just make sure the bill is genuine with serial no. of the card clearly marked and taxes (alongwith the seller's TIN/CST no.) mentioned on the bill.

All the best..

sonu1983

Broken In
dude anooj..m from hyd too..and m planin to get a gaming sys...so do contact me ..i know quite a few guys in ctc trade center..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom