what do you think of cell phone gaming?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crusader77

Broken In
GRAPHICS CARD FOR UR MOBILE!!!
:D I thought this was a very interesting article so pls see the urls also:-

ATI's chip for mobile phones,,Imageon 2300, enables exceptional 3D gaming that will fully leverage and help monetize the higher bandwidth offered by 2.5G and 3G networks.
The chip is designed to take on other handset graphics-processing chores besides 3D: it handles 2D graphics; MPEG 4 decoding for 30 frames-per-second video playback; video capture; and image compression and decompression.
The Imageon line supports the OpenGL ES programming interface for rendering 3D, a subset of the OpenGL API (application programming interface) used in the PC world.

site:- *www.ati.com/companyinfo/press/2004/4719.html

man, i can hardly wait for this to come to india :p

OP
C

crusader77

Broken In
check out these articles related to how games have evolved for cell phones:- *www.guardian.co.uk/online/story/0,3605,1103881,00.html

and:- *news.com.com/2100-1037_3-5138539.html

OP
C

crusader77

Broken In
technology has done it job..
??????

production will start later this yr. its not released so there is no price as yet. just want to kno what ppl. think of cell phone gaming as a concept,will it be a hit or bust..
(also keep checkin the urls for latest info)

OP
C

crusader77

Broken In
how about cd players in phones

i hope u mean mp3 players in cell phones ;) ) there are already many cell's with mp3 players built in like the new philips DJ phone (???), though not sure how many are in india.

sahil170

Right off the assembly line
Guys check this video out, it is just 2mb. quake on ATI Imageon 2100 running in open gl.

*www.hardocp.com/files/q1onphone.zip

OP
C

crusader77

Broken In
thanks for that link man! that was AWESOME!!! Quake was running so smoothly on that chip!! :shock: :D :p

I WANT THAT Imageon-CELL !!! :p :p :p :p

Also Check out this url, Nvidia is not far behind either, now there is a ' G'E'FORCE ' with an 'O' for ur cell phone !!! ;) ) its called the GOFORCE2150 :p

:- *www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,1429931,00.asp

OP
C

crusader77

Broken In
this is the latest from the mobile gfx card scene:-

A demonstration of a cell phone development unit running videogame " MotoGP " at the Consumer Electronic Show was particularly impressive, with good image quality and a frame rate of perhaps 20 frames per second. The same game running in typical software rendering mode was quite ugly and so slow it would be unplayable. At 100MHz, the maximum expected chip performance, it delivers a 100 megapixels fill rate. That's one pixel pipeline with one texture unit.

also chek out this:- *www.eetimes.com/story/OEG20030305S0012
*abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/ZDM/ati_mobile_graphics_pcmag_040112.html

G

gxsaurav

they are already in use from a long time

Nvidia Mobile processor is being used in W810i, & since i have used it i can say, video recording is awsome

Sourabh

Laptoping
Nice Bump! Guys, check the date of posting before dropping in a reply. This has to be the big daddy of all the bumps that the forum has noticed. More than two and a half years... Awesome ..haha

aadipa

Padawan
Wow, thanx Saura, I was like, why there is no mention of nVidia GoForce GPU, and that of W900i, which was first (from SE) to have 3D hardware chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom