ATI 4850 VGA Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

mah_916

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys my friend had ordered a Sapphire 4850 GPU, all the reviews say it runs hot so he wanted a aftermarket cooler for 4850, googled & found no cooler for 4850. Will the 3850 cooler fit for the 4850.

Please suggest, budget 1.5k

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Better get an Accelero S1 Rev.2. Works like a charm & drops the temperature insanely. Mine used to idle at 76 deg & load would be 105 deg. After applying the Accelero & an 120mm fan, it dropped to 43 deg idle & barely crosses 53 degs on load.

mib2_007

Broken In
Better get an Accelero S1 Rev.2. Works like a charm & drops the temperature insanely. Mine used to idle at 76 deg & load would be 105 deg. After applying the Accelero & an 120mm fan, it dropped to 43 deg idle & barely crosses 53 degs on load.
you use additional fan or using it in just passive mode? also does removing and installing custom heat sink void waranty?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I am using an additional fan as well just to have some more cooling on it. Don't want to risk anything this time. You can use a passive cooling without the fan as well & it's very efficient at that.

Removing the stock heatsink will void the warranty. If you can remove everything with utmost care & also retain the stock heatsink, you can re-assemble it later on if card dies out & needs to be RMA'd. Most likely they shouldn't be able to trace the process unless it's physically damaged during this process & it's clearly visible.

mib2_007

Broken In
I am using an additional fan as well just to have some more cooling on it. Don't want to risk anything this time. You can use a passive cooling without the fan as well & it's very efficient at that.

Removing the stock heatsink will void the warranty. If you can remove everything with utmost care & also retain the stock heatsink, you can re-assemble it later on if card dies out & needs to be RMA'd. Most likely they shouldn't be able to trace the process unless it's physically damaged during this process & it's clearly visible.
now thats risky!!! but I think I will get away with it. For how much did you got that 4850? and what about accelero s1?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
now thats risky!!! but I think I will get away with it. For how much did you got that 4850? and what about accelero s1?
I got it when the card initially launched so the price was a staggering 11.9k for the single slot cooler. The Accelero set me back by 1.6k.

Dhrubajyoti Samanta

Right off the assembly line
Could anyone please tell me where in india might we buy thermaltake or arctic cooling or zalman or zerotherm coolers for graphics cards. All places i looked for only had coolermaster or thermalright coolers.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Depends on where your location is. Here in Mumbai, Thermalright is available but no sign of Arctic cooling in retail hardware stores. I suggest looking for an online purchase. There are plenty of online sites these days that can source you this stuff from abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom