ATA133 Cable for Harddrive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I have a samsung 80 gb 7200 rpm harddrive. Few days back, i tested my harddrive with official samsung hard drive tool as well as with SiSoft Sandra 2005 and Aida32 Enterprise Edition (Hardware Information and benchmarking tools). All these software reports that my hardrive supports UATA133 and that means it should be running in UDMA-6 Mode. But the highest mode i have available in my bios and windows is UDMA-5. I have checked the cable, its an 80 conductor cable(with one end blue and other black). It came with the motherboard itself.

Is there any other superior cable available in the market for UATA133 ID Harddrives? If yes, approx how much it costs and how can i recognise it. please tell me any visual clues to recognise it as retailers here are not much informed of these minute technical specifications.

Please help!

Sumit

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
which mother board do you use ? I too had the same problem with my p4p800-vm but then read through the spec again and found that my mobo did not support ata 133 (so i moved to sata which was supported.)
There is no better cable than the 80 conductor cable. Some mobo makers give an additional shielding on the entire ide cable but that is different.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
check m/b manufacturer if they have a bios update for udma 6 to work . whats ur samsung drive model number . check their site listing for ur drive , they have instructions on how to enable udma 6
READ COMPLETELY : and then follow the instructions below
*www.samsung.com/Products/HardDiskDrive/support/faqs/faqs_20030723_0000007938.htm

Hey Guys,

My computer is a P4 2.4 HT (Northwood) on Intel Original 82865GBF Mobo, 512 MB RAM, nVIDIA GeForce Fx 5200 Gfx Card. My Hard drive is a Samsung SP0802N 80 GB 7200 RPM Drive. I checked the intel site and ATA133 is fully supported on the board.
Any more suggesstions?

sumit

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
download the latest chipset drivers and the app accelerator from intel's site and also flash the bios to the latest available.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
there is an other issue with the 80 conductor cable too . u have to place the drives in proper order on the cable . just check if blue end is on the motherboard , grey is blank in the middle and black is connected to ur drive . reversal or improper sequence usually gives problems too .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom