Asteroid on collision path with Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
The United Nations will shortly be asked to take on a new and unfamiliar mission - to save the Earth, not from drought, war or disease, but from the cataclysm that could occur following a direct hit by an asteroid.

A group of former astronauts and cosmonauts is warning that at least one asteroid already identified in outer space is on a path that could indeed see it colliding with our planet in 2036.:shock:

*edition.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/02/19/asteroid.deflector.reut/
*www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10424822

Aberforth

The Internationalist
The earth had held humans for 10000 years and it is not dissappearing anytime soon. If all humans are to get extinct in one go, the least we can do is enjoy the years than wasting them worrying and dying with regrets. :D Meanwhile I'll be applying to Mars Immigration Service.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
piyush619 said:
Whats the link to move to Mars :D:D:D:D:D

You need to contact a Mars ambassador held hostage by the NASA and bribe them. Keep it a secret or we'll have too many applying for Visa and we may not fulfill the requirements. :p

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
yarr main Mars per nahin jana chahta

coz wahan per Digit Forum nahin hoga na

why not ask FatBeing and raboo to move from vBulletin to MARS

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Much earlier last year....there was some mails in which NASA reported that there would be big collision in the year 2019! Much earlier than this one. If that is true, then there would be no earth for this collision to happen!

Aberforth

The Internationalist
^^Kinda makes sense. I learn to take a lot of alarmist media with a grain of salt. The last asteriod collision which happened was the Tungska event, which inspite of its power (~10 Megaton TNT) didn't harm human life on this earth. Then we read about how the another collision is going to wipe us out in somewhere around 2000 but well here we are. :D

Aberforth

The Internationalist
thunderbird.117 said:
If you people are planning to live on mars on other planet. It will not work either. Technology is no match for God power.

Come on thunderbird.117, we are kidding. Don't take that to heart, there is no use of worrying as I said above. What is to happen will happen and nothing we can do will stop it.

nix

wow, thats great, i'll buy everything just a week before and enjoy to fullest before going....

then at least it'll be proved which species on earth is fittest to survive through all disasters..Sharks and Reptiles have proved that in past..cant say anything about Humans :p..however I think whatever remains after that hit(If it at all occurs) will definitely evolve to be stronger than ever :)

blackpearl

The Devil
Even if it does hit, it would just like detonating a few nuclear bombs, a couple of earth quakes and a big crater. Scientists have enough time to calculate the location of impact and then evacuate the people to a safe location.
Human casualty=zero
earth casualty=minor

T

thunderbird.117

blackpearl said:
Even if it does hit, it would just like detonating a few nuclear bombs, a couple of earth quakes and a big crater. Scientists have enough time to calculate the location of impact and then evacuate the people to a safe location.
Human casualty=zero
earth casualty=minor

What type of calulations is that?. It is dumbest i have heard.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
And the solution is here so pls relax u all:D
[img=*img175.imageshack.us/img175/8803/piccv1.th.jpg]

:D :D :D :D cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom