Status
Not open for further replies.

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Please tell me how to create a counter that can be used to display the page hits?
I tried to create one using MSWC.Counters.It works,but the count resets after some days.I don't want the count to reset.
Similarly,how can I find the number of users currently visiting my site?I got the code for it and I put it in the Global.asa file.But the global.asa never seems to be activated.It just doesn't display the count.I am using the service of 1asphost.
Any ideas :?:

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
mmmmmmm Wel u don't seem 2 b interested in reading wats put up all on the 1asphost site!!
Hey man chk it out. Use of global.asa file is not allowed on their servers!
Well for a counter just make a script to update ur counter o in ur access database. I use it on www.orchestraharmony.cjb.net. My clients.
Wel pretty easy man.
Ur online visitors.... as far as i know the global.asa file displays the number of browsers accessing the site and if a user has 3-4 browsers open the online visitors will inc. And most of all, ur OnSession.End is not executed if the user closes his browser. So finally u may have 30 registered users and ur site may show 50 of them online!

OP
whoopy_whale

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Thanx man,
I should have thought of that a bit earlier!But using the File Access Component and writing the counts onto a text file will be a better alternative than updating the Access database,right?

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
1 thing u need to know b4 u take a sigh........ u r wrkin with free servers.
There r lot of iffs n buts frm their servers. But its gud tht u wrkd it out finally. nw u shud go well....

Best Of Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom