Artis X10 bass technicalities

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtremedia

Broken In
i hav Artis X10 speaker system.
I hav a query regarding the BASS of the system
Suppose i have a 5 channel source(note NOT 5.1) i.e the bass is with the respective channels and not as a LFE channel,then does this speaker set has an internal crossover which filters out all the bass from EACH and EVERY channel and give it to the woofer driver?
I am asking this because i feel the bass on the REAR channels is too less.
this i verified by pluggin the Rear L/R channels into the Front L/R input and the resulting bass was quite loud and better as compared to the former connection.
So in brief the problem i have is when i connect 5 Channels to this thing, the BASS from Front channels is proper as it shuld be, but the BASS on Center/Rear channels seems to be quite low and not upto the mark.

So is it that my piece has some problems OR this is the case with this speaker system???

Any body can throw some light??
Thanx

Ch@0s

In the zone
When there is no separate LFE channel, the low frequency information is generally present in the front left and right channels. The rear and center do not have LFE info.

OP
X

xtremedia

Broken In
there are many cases where BASS from rear /side matters.
E.g consider that m using CMSS upmix to mix 2.1 to 5.1 or 7.1 or playing games supporting multichannel output, in those cases there is bass in the REAR / SIDE / CENTER channels which if not recognized by the speaker will create unbalanced sound.
1 more thing i wanted to mention was that the BASS Redirection thing on Audigy 2 ZS PP is not upto the mark, i mean the LFE generated is too weak and seems incomplete, so i dont wanna use it(or is there a fix???).
my core question is with Artis X10 speaker set.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom