Ares P2P Sowftware probleb

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Ever scince i changed to a cable connection frm dial up, Ares dosnt show any search results. i tried everything proxy connections, firewall [xp's default firewall]settings etc.
i have downloaded the letest version.
please help!
thanks.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Do you know the latest version was released sometime back. v1.0.7 , that has no connection problem.

champ_rock

champ_rock
no ares takes forever to connect nowadays... whats the problem......... mine conncts in about 15 minutes or so...........

atool

Journeyman
my cable connection allows p2p connections only in night i.e. 10 pm to 8 am....just ask ur cablewala is he having any such thing

champ_rock

champ_rock
no i am using sify.... no cablewalla here......

@ attol ----and by the way try to change the connection port so that u will be able to connect it in daytime........ as no cablewalla can know that it is a p2p which is trying to connect to internet..........

drgrudge

^^
Why cant you connect as soon as you open ARES? Did you try the new version, it was out some 2 days ago only. 1.0.7 works like charm and connects fast within seconds..

champ_rock

champ_rock
no not the latest version.. will try it later.. but still the old one should work... they cant wihdraw its connectivity............

drgrudge

The older version was buggy and had connectivity issues, and hence they got the new version.

Anyways how long will it take to d/l the softie? It's just only 1.5mb.

geforce4

Broken In
ares not connecting

well i also have the same problem, i had ares 1.8.6 regular and the lite edition but none of them connected. u sure their is a 1.0.7 version , bcuz i searched google and it said their's none by that version. also i have sp1 sp2 installed on my system and norton 2005 and initially i thought it was because of them that ares wasn't connecting. i am on a rim connection so i don't think theirs anybody fiddling with my ports. bear share and kaaza connect but ares doesn't. also whever i connect bearshare, norton pops up a security threat and continues to do so even though i have permited in norton options to allow bearshare always.

drgrudge

^^
It is 1.8.7 yes , they simply forgot to edit the installer.

geforce4, try the new version.. it's new but they forgot to edit the version in the installer.
*aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/

LordDJ

Broken In
limewire rocks

By far the best p2p I've seen is limewire. Agreed that you get a lot of p*rn, but still, I've managed a lot of rare songs and some apps. Torrents tend to be slow for me, and the stuff on rapidshare takes ages. What say we start a poll on p2p??

geforce4

Broken In
bear share

bear share's better then kaaza and ares, also c*ack*d pro version doesn't seem to have any spyware, and i ain't thinking about torrents till i get a leased line...lol

drgrudge

This bearware, limeware, Sharaeza are all connected to the same network, whcih is gnutella 2/1, if I am correct.

If yes, why do you see the client? I like tsa and ARES. But nothing like AREs, it's the best. Using it for a very long time.
But tsa or ARES depends on what I need to download :D

geforce4

Broken In
ares..??lemme think..umm..NO!

i agree ares network is presently cleaner then anyother, but what used to drive me mad with ares was that... say after downloading 100 mb it wud start uploading the partial files eating away my bandwidth and the downloads will become snails race. although i heard their is this tool to stop ares uploading partial files automatically but before i tried it ares didn't connect anymore..lol. and i saw the difference between limewire and bearshare rite before my eyes...when bear share downloaded a file in half an hour while limewire took 44 minutes to do it. and i think i shud mention in both the progz i connected to the same 4 hosts knowingly.

thevintagecircus

Right off the assembly line
i've tried to use so many different types of mp3 finders.i'ev downloaded limewire,kazaa and ares.for all three,i cant get connected.i keep trying ares and it keeps saying connecting and i when i search for songs,nothing appears!

help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom