Are U Game...! addict

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhilash

Broken In
Hi guys,
my name is abhilash & m working in Hewlette packard for 1.9 years..
today i am quitting my Job from Hp so i can play san Andreas...got sticked to it(can i say addicted??) any way i am loving it.(dont have hot coffee yet)

I was not able to spend enough time on the computer to play games... usually i play aroud 15 hours daily mostly FPS's. on my week ends i play around 18-20 hours without getting up from the seat.

still remember the day when i got up a@ 2:30 in the morning to play hot pursuit...when i got up from the comuter chair it was 11:30 in the night...
Friends started teasing me saying if that long if i had drove a real car i could have reached jammu from bangalore..:)
took only 2 days to finish it...with all gold & 2 silvers.
I used to do max payne modification...during the college so i have bunked a lot of Classes... i even dedicated a 40 Gb patition completely for Max Payne...all compiled & to be compiled .mp files & .ras files.

well today is my last day in Hp..anyway i have lots of offers in hand so no worries.. lemme finish SA first then i will think about the Future.

I dont know what i am doing...but i am loving it.
till then Adios Amigos.

Any suggestions are welcome...if u want to advice me or spank me for this.... are also welcomed...

FasTrack

Journeyman
Hmm ur quitting the job to play games ?????????????

Ur new job is as a game tester ????? :lol:

Anyways, Im a big fan of Max Payne myself, good to know you have made so many mods, did u upload any of them to the official site ????

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
After reading ur whole story..Abhilash my bro..i was really happy to read this line of ur story.....
well today is my last day in Hp..anyway i have lots of offers in hand so no worries.. lemme finish SA first then i will think about the Future.
:):)

Neways...well yes even thou im only a 3rd year I.T engineering student in mumbai,i also take out 5-6 hours from my busy schedule (after finishing all my assignments ofcourse.. :wink: ) to get my hands on games like GTA-SA,FIFA series and MAX PAYNE-2...well yes previously wen i was in my 11th standard in my junior college days..i would spend 9 hrs playing games...but these days even thou my playing hour hv reduced...i never let that passion for games really get dead in me... :wink:

Neways...So...Mr.Abhilash....ru starting ur GTA-SA game or ru finishing it man ?? :? and also.....
abhilash wrote:
Any suggestions are welcome...if u want to advice me or spank me for this.... are also welcomed...
U will always be honoured for the number of hours u hv dedicated for the gaming industry..lol.... :wink: :twisted:

But neways a piece of advice man....u shud take up ur next job as a GAME TESTER dude..Im not at all jokin...coz even me after my engineering..im planning on those same lines......well sum work/profession related to games.......

neways...cheers n e-peace....
and all the best for ur GTA-SA mission man !!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

sahil_blues

In the zone
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: QUITTING YOUR JOB FOR PLAYING GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .....dude u should join a game developing company or something as this surely isnt a sane decision!!!!

expertno.1

Technomancer
u play 15 hours ?

man it will harm you i tell u

u should not play more than 4 hours (according to doctors) a day

sahil_blues

In the zone
dude i dont mean to discourage you but take my advice.....you will NEVER run out of games but you WILL run out of jobs someday....gaming should always be a secondary activity and should not take hold of your life....i think you need some serious counselling dude....

escape7

What? Where? How?
expertno.1 said:
u play 15 hours ?

man it will harm you i tell u

u should not play more than 4 hours (according to doctors) a day

dude i play for 8-10 hrs daily, sleep only 4 hrs...since now i'm in my college hostel in chandigarh away from home :cry: i am not able to play much...

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Mate, seriously, DON'T quit your job just so that you can play games. Unless you wanna work as a game developer/tester or are good enough to compete in international gaming events, please cut down the time you spend on games. I whole-heartedly agree with sahil, you need a job first, and unless you can convert gaming into a job, please do not quit your job :|

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Hey hey don't quit u r job just for games....be mature and think about the future even if u have jobs in ur hand ...u will probably do the same thing....so think twice before doing anything....

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
on my week ends i play around 18-20 hours without getting up from the seat.

still remember the day when i got up a@ 2:30 in the morning to play hot pursuit...when i got up from the comuter chair it was 11:30 in the night...

Am I the only one that finds this really hard to believe? I have not even HEARD of anyone playing games for 18 hours non stop. And judging by this 0230 to 2330 gaming session, that means you played non stop for 21 hours. (If my Math isn't FUBARed again!) I find that almost impossible to believe, as the body just won't stand for that sort of thing. The maximum I've played non-stop is a marathon 7 hour session of Homeworld, and even that wasn't totally non-stop, with me taking breaks every one hour or so for about 5 minutes simply to ease the pain. I just don't know how this is even possible, not to mention the fact that you are the first and probably only person I know who quit his day job to play games. If you DID do that, you need serious professional help.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@Enoo:ROTFL.Did ya really believe that BS? :lol:

21 Hours Non-Stop is impossible.Heck the last person i remember playing way above the limit was that South Korean dude who lost his life on playing 50 Hours non-Stop (well not complete non-stop).Ahh Come on couldn't this guy even have taken a Pee-Break (Most essential) or a lunch-Dinner breaks?
Quitting the job for game is totally insane unless he has something installed as an alternative.Game addiction is a serious thing buddy.Let it not interfere at the cost of your physical and mental health.....Leave alone the Job part.I remember playing Hitman:Silent Assasin non-stop for 5 hours straight but that too with some small Eye Reliving breaks beyond that i believe it was The Mummy on the Playstation for about 7 Hours including roughly about 1/2 hour of Lunch break.

I say Play games,Swear by it but never Die by it :D

nix

hi

dude....you need to get a life. the max i played is 2 hrs and i felt so low after that. games are best enjoyed if played for about half hour-1 hr max...otherwise you will finish the game soon and the excitement wont last for long.
but i can say i surf a lot....i'am on the internet [since i have holidays] everyday for about 3-4 hours :D
thats the max or my back will break.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
ahhh similar thots have come to my mind..but thr's one thing i realized years ago...playing games just wasnt worth that much effort...i mean its a no returns kind of thing...however much time/effort u put into it, u might even become the best player in the world in some game, u wont get recognition/money enough to earn u a livelihood...
bad decision it is mate! get another job soon...u still have time now! I wouldn't screw with my life unless my dad/me was a millionaire! good luck to u in case u land up with a game testing/dev job..that would be a dream come true for a lot of ppl ;)

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Games are for leisure not like work.Please be careful it may reallt harm your back and eyes very badly.I know a person whose hands are now damaged due to playing car races the whole day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom