Arctic Silver 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi friends,
I am a bit confused about applying AS5 on my C2D.....according to the manual it shud be along a line and then put the heatsink over.....i have stock HSF......and then they ask to rotate the heatsink 1 or 2 degree .... this all seem too complicated...can anyone xplain it clearly

hsetir

Broken In
It's simple. Install cpu in the socket, lock it. Put in a line of thermal compound over cpu as shown in arctic silver manual (available online too). Then put over the heatsink but don't lock it. Rotate it though it's not absolute not necessary, as it'll itself spread once heated. After slight rotation lock the legs.

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
i ve that stupid intel stock grey color thermal paste already on the proccy.....how to remove it
dont have any arctic cleaner or anything too

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Just clean it with some cloth and then wipe clean the IHS using unscented nail polish remover. If you can get isopropyl alcohol instead of nail polish remover then its the best. You can get it at any pharmacy.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Clean both and then apply a fresh layer of the thermal compound to the IHS and install the HSF. No harm in starting from the begining :)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
heres trhe easy way. remove cpu fan and cpu. clean with isop. alc. the cpu AND fan. when its clean in the middle of the FAN apply some drops of thermal paste .when enough just place it over the cpu and lock it as simple as that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom