Apt-get Missing!! Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Hey all my PC shut down auto. due to load sheading the UPS was sent for repair :( and after I open it shows apt-get not install plz install it via apt-get install apt ... It irritating how to fix this I had encountered this 3'rd time plz do help me :( I have installed loads of s/w and updates and I don't wanna do that again :mad:

Hope some 1 will help :lol:

Regards

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Maybe it's just that path has got messed up. So, check that too.
Code:
echo $PATH
Code:
whereis apt-get

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Ok lemme try this too :D @ kalpik how and where to install that .. cause I cannot access my installed Ubuntu :( After Disk check it says apt-get not installed and it get restarted :x

praka123

left this forum longback
I cant believe that apt is missing from ur ubuntu.may be becoz of some shell env variables are not set correctly :rolleyes: for eg: PATH.if apt is removed(less chance) then aptitude & other gtk dep tools like synaptic etc too are removed.this is either a kernel error or missing PATH variable :confused: .also make this clear which OS's are u have on ur system,what did u tried and do u still have grub menu for ubuntu there-then try below method.

So just try booting ur ubuntu to runlevel 1 and check for errors.like press "e" on grub menu for ubuntu and then press again on line starting with "kernel "
then remove the last lines " ro quiet splash" and add "rw init=/bin/bash" to the end of the line.press enter;press "b" to boot to get a root prompt.then their try "/usr/bin/apt-get install -f" and note for any errors.

below is chroot method:dont try this now
use ur ubuntu livecd configured with internet=better.mount ur ubuntu- /,/boot etc partitions correctly.chroot into ur ubuntu partn.try dpkg --configure -a and note the errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom