Apple sells 1 million iPhone 3Gs in first three days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Despite widespread activation problems, Apple said Monday that it sold its one millionth iPhone 3G on Sunday, just three days after the new handset launched worldwide on Friday, July 11..

"iPhone 3G had a stunning opening weekend," said Apple chief executive Steve Jobs.

Last year, Apple managed to sell just 270,000 iPhones during the first two days. Although the Cupertino-based electronics maker did not release a three day tally, it would take the company nearly two and a half months to reach the 1 million milestone.

"It took 74 days to sell the first one million original iPhones, so the new iPhone 3G is clearly off to a great start around the world," Jobs said.

iPhone 3G is now available in 21 countries -- Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and the US -- and will go on sale in France on July 17.

Source: *www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/07/14/apple_sells_1_million_iphone_3gs_in_first_weekend.html

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh, and just in case it wasn't evident already, it's the most any gadget has ever sold at launch. Ever. Across all gadgets and around the world, as far back as humans have existed. No gadget has ever come close to selling a million freaking units in just three days.

Also, take into account the fact that the iTunes activation servers were down for seven hours on the launch day itself. Apple sold one million units despite that. That's six zeros.

I'm in awe! :eek:

OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
Oh, and just in case it wasn't evident already, it's the most any gadget has ever sold at launch. Ever. Across all gadgets and around the world, as far back as humans have existed. No gadget has ever come close to selling a million freaking units in just three days.

Also, take into account the fact that the iTunes activation servers were down for seven hours on the launch day itself. Apple sold one million units despite that. That's six zeros.

I'm in awe! :eek:

And also the fact that this number would have been a lot higher, had they supplied more stock to apple stores and retailers. In most of the places, iPhone 3G is already out of stock.

Wats d cost of iPhone basic version dat is being launched in India by Vodafone.. ?

Nobody knows yet. However, it is expected to cost anywhere between 20 and 25k!

Last edited:

D@rekills4

In the zone
Me too buying iPhone

I am also thinking of buying an iPhone
Can anyone tell where can I buy it in the state if Maharashtra?:confused:
I heard that the 3g service is gonna be launched in November

OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
Re: Me too buying iPhone

I am also thinking of buying an iPhone
Can anyone tell where can I buy it in the state if Maharashtra?:confused:
I heard that the 3g service is gonna be launched in November

Its not available in India yet. Expected to launch by september (Its speculative, but most probable). 3G will definitely not be launched in November. It needs atleast 8/9 more months. So its expected to hit India in 2009.

D@rekills4

In the zone
iPhone

What!!
iPhone is gonna be launched in September!!
lol
And 3G service is gonna take 8/9 Months more
Darn it
India is very slow

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Most of the people never think and buy..they are just following the crowd.

Anyways... this was expected.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
its all hype created by Apple and their fanboys.......iPhone release day made me remember Harry Potter-7 book release day!!......all kids in the neighborhood standing in front of book store as if they hav never seen any other books in the world!!

x3060

A LOTR fan
these fan boys...i guess its the best way to make anything a big success once you have a good fan club, like some recent movies being a hit cause of fans even though the movies really suck to the core.

Mohnishgs

powering up
i read in a paper that the iphone which apple is going to release in india will be the older version and not the new one which was released a few days back.................
so the conclusion is............. iphone s-u-c-k-s and apple s-u-c-k-s even more for making such c-r-a-p products

What is so surprising considering that people stood in lines for a week or so.?

that just shows how stupid people can get when it comes to brands..............

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Nah, dude we'll be getting the iPhone3G version here in India.

And it sucks to some extent but still it provides best interface.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
i read in a paper that the iphone which apple is going to release in india will be the older version and not the new one which was released a few days back.................

*vodafone.in/existingusers/iphone/pages/preregister-iPhone.aspx

that page clearly says "iPhone 3g".

D@rekills4

In the zone
Not following the people

Most of the people never think and buy..they are just following the crowd.

Anyways... this was expected.
LOL
I am not doing what the people are doing
I saw the iPhone and its services on the internet so I decided to buy it as it was good
Nobody told me to buy the iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom