Apple releases Safari 3.0.1 Beta security update for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
The Safari 3 Public Beta was released for users of Windows XP/Vista and Mac OS X on the 11th of June. The beta version of the browser was for a preview trial build and intended to collect user feedback prior to the final build. Also riddled with bug issues, security flaws abounded in the first attempt by Apple to introduce Safari to Windows users who have slammed it as being broken.

This for the browser that Apple touted as enabling "worry-free" browsing. "Apple engineers designed Safari to be secure from day one," the company said on its Web site. Researchers were finding security flaws in the new browser's coding within one hour of its release.

In response to the reports, Apple has quickly deployed an update which fixes some security issues.

Safari 3.0.1 Public Beta for Windows is now available (3 days after Safari 3.0) and addresses the following issues in Safari 3 Public Beta:

CVE-ID: CVE-2007-3186
Available for: Windows XP or Vista
Impact: Visiting a malicious website may lead to ...

*geeneeyes.blogspot.com/..../safari-3-beta-security-update...html

Safari 3 beta review in earlier thread :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=525525

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
they have updated it but it is still a memory hog...

I WARN U PEOPLE DONT DOWNLOAD THIS CRAP

go with opera it roxxxx!!! :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Advertisement.

Thread reported.

You could just as well have pointed us to the professional news columns that have reported this who have acknowledged that Safari 3 for Windows is not bad for a beta product and have lauded Apple for taking prompt action and fixing the reported problems so quickly. But no, you have to push your own biased opinion forward and if your own blog gets a little bit of free advertisement, it's all the better, isn't it? Lame.

Oh, and from what I can read in the little preview above, that article is very poorly written.

"security flaws abounded in the first attempt"

Awesome!

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Oh wow...I guess someone forgot to read the news that Critical security flaw was found in Safari for Windows within 2 hrs of its release. :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
... And it was fixed with an update within three days after the initial release. :D

Oh, and when I said it was poorly written, it meant that it had grammatical errors and the sentence I quoted was an example of that. It may have been factually correct, but the word 'abounded' did not belong in that sentence.

@GeeNeeYes
It is very difficult to write an objective review of any product putting aside all the bias towards other products in your mind. It is not easy to write a citable and reliable article. Your first review was OK. You exaggerated some parts but OK, it wasn't bad. But this - this is bad. When you are reviewing something, you're supposed to look at the pros and cons, not the cons only. And when a company releases a "beta" product that has some problems and then fixes those issues very promptly, you praise the company, not criticise it. No one ever claimed that the beta version of Safari worked flawlessly and would not have any problems. "It's beta for a reason."

Believe me, I've been through it. And if you take my advice, it'll be helpful for you and your blog. Rest is up to you. :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^ mind telling us a single reason why Safari is better then Opera/Firefox/IE 7 on Windows.

OP
GeeNeeYes

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
aryayush said:
Advertisement.
Thread reported.
You could just as well have pointed us to the professional news...
But no, you have to push your own biased opinion forward and if your own blog gets a little bit of free advertisement, it's all the better, isn't it? Lame.

Oh, and from what I can read in the little preview above, that article is very poorly written.
"security flaws abounded in the first attempt" Awesome!
thanks for reporting... I suppose you dont have much to do.. so please feel free to pick on me (and my so-called english mistakes)... its lame but sarcastic wimps do it all the time.. its a common thing to find out tiny mistakes when you can not challenge the truth.. so I dont mind it at all, because they are so sure of themselves that they never even double-check. As for my blog, members here will tell you that blogging is a hobby and usually there are no profits.

BTW the meaning of abounded is provided below for your perusal
a·bound (-bound)
intr.v. a·bound·ed, a·bound·ing, a·bounds
1. To be great in number or amount.
2. To be fully supplied or filled; teem. See Synonyms at teem1.
[Middle English abounden, from Old French abonder, from Latin abundre, to overflow : ab-, away; see ab-1 + undre, to flow (from unda, wave; see wed-1 in Indo-European roots).]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

take a single stance whether you think this is advertising OR be sarcastic and find my mistakes OR continue the technical discussion in a civil manner BUT please dont try to do them all...:confused: especially after you have learnt your english now.
sorry that you didnt like the blog and mods please remove the link if you wish so

edited

last word is that Apple has fixed only about three security holes while some hackers have sniffed as many as 15 exploits each... and the user-interface and program bugs remain aside.
I also acknowledge that it will take time as its relatively new to developing Windows software

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^^ Dude you need to worry a lot now. Arya is the biggest Macpest out there who cannot hear anything negative about Apple Products even though he knows it is flawed :D

You have called upon the wraith of Macboys

knight17

In the zone
I am not very fond of it, it is fast in loading HTML pages, but for dynamic pages it is the same speed as Opera. Since most of the web is dynamic it doesn't really reflects in my browsing speed.

goobimama

 Macboy
Why does safari still have the brushed metal look in OS X? I don't like Windows getting the better of it all....

goobimama

 Macboy
Btw, the 3.0.2 update is out. Someone should update this thread...

Btw, want to submit a bug, but don't want to create a bugzilla account. If someone has an account....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom