Apple iTunes updated to 7.1 (full screen Cover Flow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello! :)
Software Update told me today morning that iTunes and QuickTime have been updated. I am downloading them now.

Here is the description:
With iTunes 7 and the iTunes Store, preview and purchase high-quality hit movies plus new and classic games designed exclusively for the Fifth Generation iPod. Flip through your collection by album cover with Cover Flow, protect your iTunes library by backing up to CDs or DVDs, and much more.

Using iTunes 7.1, you can now enjoy your favourite iTunes movies, TV shows, music, and more from the comfort of your living room with Apple TV. iTunes 7.1 also supports a new full screen Cover Flow and improves sorting options to let you decide how iTunes should sort your favourite artists, albums, and songs.

DOWNLOAD

And here are the 'first impressions' on the new iTunes:
So I just finished rebooting the computer after loading the new iTunes and QuickTime updates and here's what I found. After launching iTunes and going through the mandatory "click accept" thing (I mean, honestly, does anyone ever read those things? I don't.), I waited for a couple of minutes while iTunes "updated" my library. I've got a very small library compared to most people, so I'm a little wary about how long this might take for other people.

The new full-screen Cover Flow (shown here) is nice and easy to use. Click the button at the bottom right of the screen to zoom in and out from full-screen mode.
Read more...

amitava82

MMO Addict
Only reason i don't use iTune is that It does not have background folder monitoring system for changes in my collection.. every time i delete a song from a folder iTune never removes that song from library. i have to manually remove it... come on WTF?? WMP11 is better (ya its the only product from MS i like :grin: )

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You could simply remove it from your iTunes library. It will ask you whether you want to remove it from your hard drive too. :)

I'd thought that it will have the iPhone-esque feature of clicking on an album and then it turns around so you can select a song to play but it does not have that. Full screen Cover Flow is practically useless without it. There is apparently no way to select individual songs. :(

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
when MS is going to release a new update for Media Player 11???I think only when Windows Vienna releases ....They release once in blue moon updates to Media Player...dont know why they ignore it 2 much

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^ thats cos WMP is a mature technology & hardly needs any more updates. As you can see it is of 2 parts. First is the players which needs to be updated...2nd is the codecs which will work even with WMP 6.4

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Apple Releases iTunes 7.1.1

Less than two weeks after releasing iTunes 7.1 and people encountering library corruption and other issues, Apple has released iTunes 7.1.1 for both Windows and Mac. This new update addresses stability and compatibility issues and hopefully will stop those unfortunate library corruption problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom