Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never fancied iPods

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

[MavericK]

Right off the assembly line
Hey dudes i jus got my ipod video shipped from abroad. damn its good. when i got it in its immaculate white ipod socks, i was asking wat is this. its thinner than u cud ever imagine. to quote from digit, "Pictures dont do justice to it". its video quality is superb. but 1 hitch. u have to buy quick time pro to convert videos to ipod format. this is only for non-mac users though. mac users have some other software in the sys that allows coversion. Anyway i'll let u in on a freeware which allows conversions. its called videora ipod converter. i dont remember the website address from where i downloaded it but as always , jus search in google u'll find it. and also apple has released a new remote control which incorporates fm radio in to it for 5G ipods. As for now all i can is i am totally addicted! 8) by the way try to take part in the poll i'm jus curious.

Be very careful. Some kind of screen protector if very essential. I've had it for about 3 weeks. Scratches easily even though I rarely take it out of the soft pouch.

One of my major gripes is no wall charger is included. Apple wants you to pay $30 for this "accessory". A good workaround would be to use your Playstations USB port for charging while you watch videos on TV via the video-out of your pod.

[Maverick] - If you still haven't pored through these forums - *forums.ilounge.com/ I suggest you do now.

-Keith

Kniwor

Learner
i have never fancied iPods and that sums it all, neither do i have the luxury of spending on one, when i have the money I upgrade my PC,
If given more money I´d like to get a better graphics card or ram or procy

OP
M

[MavericK]

Thanks keith. Actually i tried searchin for one but im in kerala and i cant find good ones.gues i have to buy from bangalore. and kniwor i know ipod is costly and untill recently i couldnt afford one. but u can try out ipod nano.its just around 8000. but i suggest u dont go for shuffle even though its cheap. u get better mp3 players for same cost.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
Kniwor said:
i have never fancied iPods and that sums it all, neither do i have the luxury of spending on one, when i have the money I upgrade my PC,
If given more money I´d like to get a better graphics card or ram or procy

same here

S

saiaspire

Video I Pod

This is must gadget for any audio or video gizmo, by the way how much is the battery life? 2-3 hrs?

Re: Video I Pod

saiaspire said:
This is must gadget for any audio or video gizmo, by the way how much is the battery life? 2-3 hrs?

It's 14hrs for audio as advertised. I get upto 12 hrs on mine. Battery life sucks for video, <2hrs. This problem is easily solved, though. Either get any USB wall charger OR plug it into your Playstations USB port while watching videos on TV. I bought an USB power adapter from Carrefoure (local supermarket) for QR 30 (about INR 400). Apple charges US$ 30 for theirs. :evil:

-Keith

OP
M

[MavericK]

tats real cheap! anyway i got to find some other method for solving the battery life problem. i dont have playstation and so now i stick to charging from computer while watching movies. but why bother connecting to computer to watch movies? u r better of watching the movies in the computer itself. and by the way i have a 30 GB white one and i am glad to tell you i can watch movies continously for about 3 hours.
And 1 more thing apple's new version itunes allows conversion in itself though there is no dvd conversion. so for dvds i still stick to videora ipod converter. i suggest u try out this software also iArt for putting album art and lyrics automatically to ur ipod. but its shareware :-(

OP
M

[MavericK]

Ipod video is not yet released in india yet you get imported ones for 25k (30 GB) ipod nano original with warranty in music world is 18500 for 4 GB. but you get from ebay for 9000Rs.

iBrood

Broken In
I'll bide my time for the 6G, even if it'll be next year, because looking at Apple's patents, it'll surely be a widescreen stunner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom