Apple And Nike+ Bring Their iPods To The Gym

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Apple and Nike have announced the next stage of the Nike+ rollout. Right now, Nike+ lets your iPod talk to your shoes, but in the future, your iPod will talk to stationary bikes, step machines, treadmills and other torture devices.

Apple and Nike are in talks with gym equipment makers to include the Nike+ functionality in their machines so that their use can be tracked and aggregated. At the start of a workout, you plug your iPod into the machine and it will record everything you do for later upload to a computer, and then on to the Nike+ site via iTunes.

The point of Nike+, as we see it, is to bring a little bit of geek appeal to the square old world of sports, and adding a whole lot of gym-gadgets into the mix can only help those straights gain some nerd-cred. We're unsure how exactly Nike will benefit from this deal. Apple will sell more iPods, sure, but Nike? How many pairs of sneakers do you need?

Source

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Huh ?? in our gym I already see people coming with their own IPOD and me with my ZUNE :D...

People hardly likes the DJ there :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom