APC config modes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

In the zone
when i run the apc UPS medium sensitivity setting(factory default), the UPS seldoms run on its backup and after 10 to 15 mins i had to switch off my PC, which i did'nt want to.
My question is that if i run the UPS at low sensitivity setting will it be safe for my computer and various other components. :?
using the following config
c2d E6300
kingston 512MB ram 667MHz
200gb seagate hdd
1dvd rom, 1 dvd-rw drive
peace cabinet (zebronics) with three fans.

premsharma

In the zone
I run it high settings and it gives me backup of arround 35 minutes with all graphics cards etc.

I think setting at low won't be safe. It has been mentioned there next to the settings in parachute software.

I am talking about 800 VA. Can you check how much is the connected load on your UPS. At full load the backup will only be 5-7 min. which ever UPS may be.

For example, My APC 800 VA is capable of supplying 540 watt, where as all my componenets presently accounts for 156 watt only, so i get more than half an hour backup [no CRTs]. If I load this UPS to say 540 watt all together, then it will give me only 5 minutes.

There are two fuctions of UPS to protect PC & to give backup. The protection is most important to indivisuals, where as backup may be relevant to coporated like banks etc. For indivisual home user a backup of 5-10 minutes is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom