APC Back-ups problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
The problem is APC Back-UPS RS BR1000 (1kva) is giving problem. The software installed Power Chute Personal edition 1.5 is showing Batter Capacity as 100% and Estimated Battery Time as 3% only. This a new UPS just one month old.

Please tell me how to rectify this problem.

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
estimated battery time should be shown in minutes and not in percent...do u mean to say that it is 3 minutes? if that is so...then u may have to unplug some compunents of ur system from the ups and then check the estimated battery time. more the power ur system draws from the ups, less is hte battery time

Dipen01

Youngling
hi..

I have an APC UPS.. i dont remember its specifications but yes company guaranteed its capacity would be 19 min.

When it was new it used to give properly 19-20 min. but as it started getting old. the performance started worsening. Now its barely 10 min.

Dunno whats problem. may be sumthing with battery. as battery is old i guess ill need to replace it.

Even its out of warranty . warranty was 4 yrs and its just above 4 yrs.

even i got that CD. never installed it :lol: . so dunno what it is and how it works...

bukaida

In the zone
use winxp.s own ups software

if u have win xp, go to control panel and power option. apc backup ups is there.use it.it will give u better result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom