• Apache RTR FI

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
Hi frns,
I wanna buy a bike next month(or may be this by last week of this month) but I'm very confused about which one to buy.All bikers,bike enthusiasts,pros and guys with biking knowlegde kindly help me in selecting.I'm also attaching a poll with this post just to have an overall idea of ppl's choice.It would be really helpful frnds if u state the reason for ur choice.
Thanx in advance...:)

vilas_patil

Journeyman
It's rightly said every 3rd bike you see around is Pulsar... So you can clearly see the choice of most bikers who are concerned about Style, Power & millage. No other bike has these combination at present.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Didja not hear of the latest 150cc "non-imported" sports-bike release... Yamaha YZF R15
*tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:WDVu7zfLTBsJ::bikezfreek.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/yamahayzf-r15_site_011.jpg
DiASil cylinder, liquid-cooled, fuel injected, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve 149.8cc, ~17bhp, 131kg, linked type monocross suspension, tubeless tyres, 0-60km/h in 3.0 sec, 0-100km/h in 9 sec, top speed : 145km/h, ~35-40kmpl in city riding conditions. Available in black & blue.

The price - 98k.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Yamaha r15 + pics :p
on-road price = 1.08l (chennai)
fuel eff. = 40kmpl

wait for Yamaha FZ-150
it'll be comin in Q4 of 2008.

both bajaj & TVS's engine & g-box are really crappy compared to Honda's
but unicorn aint no where near these two when it comes to style, feature & performance.

unicorn = bigger splendour. :p
was designed for comfort, just comfort.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@koolbluez: That doesn't look like the R15 at all. Sure you got the right pic?
:D
it looked like a deformed R1:D

Pulsar 150 DTSi is bout 65k onroad, while R15 will be bout 1.07L onroad.
A unicon + PSP + an ipod + leather jacket makes better flaunt than R15 if u have 1L :D

Yamaha r15 + pics :p

wait for Yamaha FZ-150
it'll be comin in Q4 of 2008.
FZ 150 ll be bout 10~12k cheaper than R15 na?

Last edited:
OP
S

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
Thanx for the response guys,and i'm well aware of unicorn,as Honda has name in engine manufacturing,but the only issues I feel are,(1) I heard the service and parts availability isn't gud for it.(2) My height might not permit me to go for it.I have tried pulsar,and i can ride it easily and well apache has even less height(1100mm,i think) so that should not be a problem but uni looks like tallest of them and moreover I have not tried it,so ruling it out from my choice.Anyways shall look for Yamaha FZ 150.Does anyone know d specs??

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I my self have plusar 150 DTsi so i'll recommend dat....i didnt have a budget 4 apache
otherwise looks r pretty good....:D

Btw it depends on ur needs in a bike what u want speed,mileage or capacity...

i had hero-honda splendour for the last 4 years..:smile:...it was awesome bike in terms
of mileage...we used 2 go 2 pune,shirdi,lonavala on it ....;-)

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Yamaha YZF15 is a BIG P.O.S 150cc for 1.05Lakh, gotta be burning money to even go for that. Apache has done good but if you are first time buyer then go with tried and tested Pulsar 150 DTSi. New Speedometer and illuminated switches makes Night Driving on Pulsar like a ride on X bike. Personally have a Unicorn and has been a smooth ride for past 3 years. Moreover to compete with YZF15 Honda is bringing in a new 150cc bike which is more sporty in looks just like YZF R15 and is priced around 60K. Later this year or next year Honda is also bringing 600cc FireBlade to India. :p

OP
S

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
@ plasma_snake: I'm a new rider,though I have tried my hand at 2-3 bikes but i'm still very newbie..u c i'm not confident to ride with a girl as pillion rider....:):(
Pulsar is good lookwise and all but its gearbox is problematic(i heard from my frnds,who owns it) so do you think for a newbie like me it wud be ok?,i mean gear shifting and throttle controlling are the most difficult part of riding a bike(i feel that,and well i can be wrong)

And oh ya guys i chked FZ150 and i was OMBFG after seeing it...!!!!!!!Man,thats some piece of machine!!!!!!!:cool::!::)Its A.W.E.S.O.M.E...!!Surely it gonna pawn all other bikes in this segment..at least it will put other bike manufacturers to drawing board again...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom