AOE 3 sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmayur

Broken In
Like any other RTS fan, I was eagerly awaiting the release of AOE 3. I even downloaded its demo which took me 20 hrs to download. Here's my experience with the demo.
Villagers don't have to drop their resources at Lumber camp or mill. Resources grow automatically as long as citizens work there. So Microsoft has taken a huge elemnt of micromanagement out of the game.
We have a hero unit which can't be killed. How rubbish is that?
There is no stone, so only food, wood and gold are to be collected.
Only a single fort and 2 towncenters can be built. So expansion and defence becomes less strategic and more difficult.
Monks can't convert.
A cumbersome interface and not so intuitive home city idea only added to my frustration.
Graphics are only a notch above RON and the Sound is not inspiring at all.
From my point of view AOE 3 completely sucks and those awaiting its release should stick to AOE 2 which was a masterpiece.
I just hope RON legends doesn't turn out to be as bad as AOE 3.

naveenchandran

In the zone
Yea! you are true....

I find no special thing in graphics also! I feel it is same as in AOE II :(

Except for that 3D thing while sending shipments from home city.....

I have 32 MB Graphics card and a non supported gx card and attempted to run. It ran well. :)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
a) We already have a running thread on AoE3 in this very forum. Kindly refrain from creating new threads that deal with the same game. If you have any complaints or issues with the game, please post them in the existing thread, rather than creating a new one every time.
b) Yes, AoE3 takes a lot out of micromanagement, and there are lots of changes, but not all of them are for the worse. True, they might be irritating to experienced RTSers who are used to AoE2, but AoE3 is good in its own stead.
c) There must be a catch somewhere. I don't Microsoft may keep it in such a way that a Hero unit cannot ever be killed. There MAY be a situation wherein the Hero unit can only take so many injuries so many times before dying and ending the game, and also, there may be missions which enforce conditions such as "Hero Unit must survive" in order to complete the scenario successfully.
d) All things being said, the graphics is not something anyone should be complaining about. The demo seems to have the advanced graphics features removed from it, plus it also depends a lot on the card you are playing it on. Cards on which you can turn HDR on, will mean the game will run with a degree of realism that's unparalleled in any other RTS game. I am sure the final version will look every bit like the kick-@ss screenshots we have been seeing all over the web for so long now.

Please continue your discussions on AoE3 in the related thread in this forum. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom