Anyone using a 1GB RS MMC with a NOKIA 7610

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Not sure about that .. but for 7610 it is suggested that dont put more than 512MB!

So, You got to check.

Between How much is the Price!

thrash_metal

In the zone
yeah according to what i have heard from people ... even 512mb hangs up the phone . A frnd used to work in a mobile shop told me that he had sold a 512mb and the customer came back complaining that the phone hangs a lot .

well keep me posted how it turns out for your phone .

prash007

Journeyman
100% sure..ur phone hangs up with 1Gb card. C'mmon man..its not a pc with a hard drive! The processor @ the max supports 512...thats the max/worst case. Dont go more than that...its a sheer waste of money. Think abt it pal...i hav a friend who did the same mistake and pondering over it!

OP
B

beaditya

Journeyman
I got the 1 gb rs mmc, till now its workin fine .........................its 87$ with the shipping

I'm just lookin for a good convertor for all my videos...................can anyone tell me how i can convert avi and wma to real media??

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
beaditya

Smart Movie Converter ... is good .. it convets into a very small size file..

and

How much did you paid for card, .. and does it really not hang the phone?Which make is it?

kumarmohit

Technomancer
@ beaditya

You can get Real Producer Basic from realnetworks.com for free

but I have been trying movies in RM and suggest that u better try 3gp as its a mobile phone native format and shall be about as light as rm but will have a slight edge in quality for this you shall have to look for nokia multimedia converter which is free ( u've to register on their forum tho) or u cam try Imtoo 3gp converter from imtoo.com

thrash_metal

In the zone
mobile geek is right .. use smartmovie .. its the best and worth the price tag for that software ! Even if you just get the player on ur phone softwares like virtual dub can also convert movies for your phone (and remember to resize before compressing it ) ... ps: thats the way i get through my lectures in college ! and remember to increase the sound level during compression to atleast 150 so that you get a good amount of sound ,, above 250 and stuff it begins to crack up and jar !

Dont convert to real media or something ... use smart movie ! with the 1Gb card you can put like 5 movies in it and still have enough memory to put songs and stuff in . 1 movie will be like 100 - 120mb !!

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
i use a 512 and it is 1400Rs in chennai..working just fine...but a bit slow...but never hangs...model is 6670

thrash_metal

In the zone
@beaditya

Howz the card working so far ??? If its good even i might consider going for it !! Where did you order it from ? ebay ?

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
prash007 said:
@gdatuk...

is ur 512 a rs mmc or jus an ordinary mmc? and where did u get it in chennai? grey...?

In 6670 ... it has to be Reduced-Size mmc ..
big mmc will not fit in that!

OP
B

beaditya

Journeyman
my phone never hung up on my card till date, I'm in chicago, i ordered it from buy.com got it for 72$

Yes i'm using smart movie now !!, watchin full length movies on it !!!!..............its a great player !!!

if anybody needs it , PM me .

@ kumarmohit ...........can u tell me wats the bitrate or frequency or whatever u convert at , b coz the audio i convert using real producer dosnt work on my phone !!!!!!!!!!

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
For video files .. the smart movie converter .. rate 96kbps-150kbps .. n check for reduce frames .. it converts automatically to 208x176
You are using smart Movie .. so you must be familer with that :wink:
For audio files use .. dbpoweramp .. n format ogg-vorbis .. trust me its good.
rate 48-64kbps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom