anyone is having motorola E398 ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo_the_one

Broken In
Hi all,
i recently bought my new mobile "Motorola E398" ... it is superb but i found out some problems with that ... if anyone clarifies i wud b grateful ..

1) On using the mobile tools BVRP software ... while i try to access "Removable memory(MMC)" it shouts saying "Access denied(0x4f)" ... it means i can only use that 4MB phone memory and leave the 60 MB mmc card just for show ... help me in this

2)How to search for bluetooth devices in my premises ... i followed the instructions given on the manual .. but i always says no bluetooth devices r found ... but other friends of mine r able to connect to my bluetooth and able to transfer files in and out ... v r sitting just nearby and testing that .. still then i was not able to find but he is able to .. why this happens..?

3) Which Video playback does this device supports ... i have tried to import mpg,avi,divX .. i accpets nothing and just shouts ... "unrecognized video format ...blah blah blah .." ... as per the manual it says it can palyback MPEG4 video ... which format is that ...?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
mate,

I got the same phone. Got no such issues. Transferred mp3's onto the card and plays nicely. Check whether u got the card inserted into the slot probably. You can check this when u goto the sounds menu and then click on the centre button in that u have an option change storage device select that and then u will get phone or trans. Select trans. If this works then u will get a list of whats there on the trans memory. It will have one song by default. So then its working fine so check it.

2) I jsut activate my bluetooth and it works fine. Dunno why urs gives issues...take it back to the dealers and ask him to show u how it works.

3) It supports mpg4 playback mate. thats mpg but it should be mpg4 format. open the file u want to transfer in windows Media Player in ur PC and then see the properties of ur file. It should say mpg4.

Hope this helps

OP
N

neo_the_one

Broken In
i am able to access trans contents from phone ... but how to transfer some mp3 to trans ... using the mobile tools ... by default it goes only to phone memory ... thatz the problem ..

i will chk that bluetooth with the dealers .. no probs ..

is there any conversion tool to convert mpg to mpg4 format?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Will check on ur trans issues and let you know.

There are plenty of mpg4 converters. Virtualdub is one. And then theres tmpgEnc. But I wouldnt really suggest using mpgs in ur trans adapter. It has only 64 MB memory and cant really hold movies on that!

suave_guy

pedal to metal
since both of u guys have motorola E398 so i have a que..

what's this moto 3D surround sound all about? does it really plays tones in stereo mode, and how r the effects??

thx in advance..

Enjoy :)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
yup...3D surround sound is pretty good actually. While playing mp3 and normal midi ring tones. Its gone one of the best sounds I would say....I have used Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Samsung and now Motorola. As far as sound is concered its the best. I would say only thing better is the SOny Ericsson with the headphones cos Sony (ofcourse) has better head sets!!

3D sound : Well usually when you have a handset the mic is located in one place and the speaker device is located in one location. SO usually if you get a ring tone thats too loud all u need to just press the speaker loc and the sound gets muted to a large extent. however with the E398 the sound comes from multiple locations. Top side middle and all. And hence even makes the speakerphone facility very very effective.

akitosforever

Broken In
hi im looking forward 4 buying moto e398
is it really a good piece in comparison 2 nokia and sony eric and does it have a fm in it
how is the camera
can we put an extra memory to it 4 storing more mp3s and vids

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
akitosforever said:
is it really a good piece in comparison 2 nokia and sony eric and does it have a fm in it
how is the camera

nice mate!.

When you are asking in terms of comparisons there are a few things which you need to tell me. What is the main purpose for buying the phone ? the E398 has bluetooth and GPRS so that gives u all the connectivity u need. Doesnt have an IR port but then IR is crap neways. Has a built-in mp3 player and the player is pretty good the surround sound is actually pretty damn good. read what I posted earlier. The one thing where this phone scores is the battery life. I charge it once is 3-4 days. It has a .8 Mega pixel VGA camera. And to it that it plays mpg4 clips.

It comes with a 64 MB memory stick and I heard that a 128 MB memory stick costs around 1500 bucks....it has quality ringtones. It doesnt have video capture capabilites. Sony Ericssons battery sucks big time...

I need more info on what ur exactly lookin for...

akitosforever

Broken In
is there fm radio ,and how is the cam clarity, which other piece wud suggest if not this in the same price range.fm radio is as must

OP
N

neo_the_one

Broken In
there is no fm radio out there in this model ... and as far as the cam clarity .. it is good ... u can go upto the resolution of 640x480 ... and it looks good even in that ...

OP
N

neo_the_one

Broken In
suave_guy said:
since both of u guys have motorola E398 so i have a que..

what's this moto 3D surround sound all about? does it really plays tones in stereo mode, and how r the effects??

thx in advance..

Enjoy :)

This is the first model in the MARKET which features stereo speakers ... that moto 3D sound means the effect is good in a calm environment ... so as like the a typical stereo speakers ... but when u r into some cacophony environ ... it is better to keep that in ur pocket with vibrator on ....

it will play the MP3s as tho` u r hearing in some playa ... chk it out .. if u r satisfied .. buy it ... remember it costs around 15600

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
icecoolz said:
akitosforever said:
how is the camera

nice mate!.

When you are asking in terms of comparisons there are a few things which you need to tell me. What is the main purpose for buying the phone ? the E398 has bluetooth and GPRS so that gives u all the connectivity u need. Doesnt have an IR port but then IR is **** neways. Has a built-in mp3 player and the player is pretty good the surround sound is actually pretty damn good. read what I posted earlier. The one thing where this phone scores is the battery life. I charge it once is 3-4 days. It has a .8 Mega pixel VGA camera. And to it that it plays mpg4 clips.

It comes with a 64 MB memory stick and I heard that a 128 MB memory stick costs around 1500 bucks....it has quality ringtones. It doesnt have video capture capabilites. Sony Ericssons battery sucks big time...

I need more info on what ur exactly lookin for...

Hey!!
SE batteries don't suck
I charge my T610 every 3 days with moderate usage, I don't think its that bad
Many ppl have battery probs with SE because they don't charge the battery to its full extent in the first charge(16 hrs)

rohit

Right off the assembly line
I have heard there's no video recording software in it. Can't there be a third party application for it I searched the net for but couldn't find any? :oops:

ice

In the zone
If ur really gonna be spending upto 15K, go for a symbain based fone :)

Maybe i feel that way, cuz i own an iPod... I was thinkin of pickin up the Ngage QD, but i decided to buy more clothes, So now i gotta wait for a while :)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Abhijit - SE batterys suck big time. Try using any of the features such as GPRS bluetooth camera, mp3 player and the SE battery runs out on u faster than u can say chicken...lol....I know cos I owned an SE and battery life was a big let down. Not so with the E398... it lasts for 4 days b4 I need to even think of rechargin it.

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
i use infrared for about 1 hour almost every day, but i can still get about 3 days
The only problem i've seen is that if u switch off ur phone, and then switch it on again immediately, there is a lot of battery drain

G

gxsaurav

Guys Guys, help me out, need a phone, cam based, first time bying a mobile, I m confused between K500i & Motorola E398, plz someone tell me the cost of these phones, & also the included stuff, bluetooth is not a priority

K500i is all I need, enough for me, so if it is cheaper then E398 I will go for K500i

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
gx :

Both are good and the price is really no big diff k500i comes at 15k and the motorola at 14500. Check whats the pixel support in K500i. The E398 comes with .8 megapixel for the cam and supports upto 640x480 resolutions. K500i comes with video capture facility also so u mgiht think abt that. Both are good...E398 looks damn slick tho! Its one the slickest I have seen!! Seriously have a look at the phone...and decide for urself...and the mp3 player with surround is damn good...so check it ut.

G

gxsaurav

I talked to sr_ultimate, I m going for K500i, I won't be using the mfone as a mp3 player, & for my requirments 8 MB of K500i is enough, I won't be storing mp3 etc, simple fone functions

Since I need a cam phone, how is cam quality for both of them compared

Since K500i can record video & in 3GP format, 1 mins is about 600 KB so I can spare 6 MB for video before syncing with PC for 10 mins video

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
not bad....E398 comes with mpg4 support and comes with a 64 MB memory card. If your main purpose is for shooting pics then K500i is good. But do check the battery life. SE's by history have a bad battery life as it is. They dont come for 2 days even. So beware of that. Also check the pixels support for K500i. I cant seem to find the info at the mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom