Any1 Developed Applications for Mobiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi every1...

I am planning to control a Microcontroller device through Mobile Phone... say SE k750i... :) Bluetooth as interface!

So i also want to develop an application in my SE phone to get data n send data!

so any information related to this r most welcome!!:p :p

I think i have posted in correct section!

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
you may just have to check the documentation for the platform. It wouldn't be too difficult.

Pathik

Google Bot
You can use a 8-Bit Atmel AVR micro controller and code for it in Embedded C or use WinAVR or something...
Searching for the bluetooth controlling thingy....

nsidd75

2 hld a pen = 2 be @ war
hey guys.. i wonder if this is where i can post this... if not then sorry. this is an application developed by my friend... its great and is now being copied all over the world... thats his home page and the application he has developed helps to track your mobile when you lose it...

*cmansstudios.solarbotics.net/index.html

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi alll... Thanks for reply

ilugd said:
you may just have to check the documentation for the platform. It wouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks for ur positive reply!!!

gx_saurav said:
Do You know J2ME?
Know Java Basics.... Will learn it...! share with me any tutorial links

pathiks said:
You can use a 8-Bit Atmel AVR micro controller and code for it in Embedded C or use WinAVR or something...
Searching for the bluetooth controlling thingy....

Me not yet decided on Wat MUC I shld Do.... Y u specially refer this MUC??
yeah pls post if u get any!:)

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i dunno if amtel avr kits for this project are available in india or not.

secondly, i think it'll be difficult to implement the project wid native BT support. i suggest you use BT com port emulation using the rs232 communication interface protocol (what most BT dongles use to communicate wid the phone) that way the task will become easier for you. the commonly available PIC series uC has internal rs232 IO (which i guess you know :) ) which can handle this for you. other than that you'll hafta learn how a j2me code can send rs232 commands.

at the moment this is all the advice i can offer you. lemme check out if any of the my frenz haf done a project like this and get back to you :)

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ganeshkumar said:
Know Java Basics.... Will learn it...! share with me any tutorial links

If U can help, then take a look at my blog for Concept UI for Yahoo Messenger for Mobile

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
pathiks said:
Hey gx i thot u wd hav finished that by now..

:( I am planning it as my Final Year Project!
Will it be so simple?

gx_saurav said:
If U can help, then take a look at my blog for Concept UI for Yahoo Messenger for Mobile
Thanks... I am looking at Ur Blog!!! I am intrested... But I dont know How much I can Do!!....

infra_red_dude said:
i dunno if amtel avr kits for this project are available in india or not.

secondly, i think it'll be difficult to implement the project wid native BT support. i suggest you use BT com port emulation using the rs232 communication interface protocol (what most BT dongles use to communicate wid the phone) that way the task will become easier for you. the commonly available PIC series uC has internal rs232 IO (which i guess you know :) ) which can handle this for you. other than that you'll hafta learn how a j2me code can send rs232 commands.

at the moment this is all the advice i can offer you. lemme check out if any of the my frenz haf done a project like this and get back to you :)

Thanks.....
yeah sure pls let me know if u get any extra information regarding this~:) !

Me too will update this week end wat i got and little more abt my plan:) !

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ pathiks

I need a J2ME developers. Its not that hard cos the API is already given & Anuj said creating such app is tough but not impossible.

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
^^^^^^^^
I am looking at Ur Blog!!! I am intrested... But I dont know How much I can Do!!....
Jus now I started to learn .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom