any ways to protect bsnl a/c's n pocketting bandwidths??

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijith44

Broken In
Hi friends,, i am abhijith , i have applied for bsnl Broad band connection and shortly will be
getting it...
(this is 2nd time i am getting the same connection after 1 n half years..)
But one thing worries me a lot is.. Password protection and bandwidth !!
I have heard lots and lots about bsnl passwords being hacked and customers getting Sky-scraping bills..
cos this issue was on news papers too..

I have read the posts of the victims on many forums.. feel pity on them,,
and i have visited blogs where the username and passwords are posted and people seem enjoying it..
and shockingly even i found the working username & passwords(verified it on check usuage page-on my friend's.. he is on bsnl..)
its so pathatic that even though there are many cases around, Bsnl is not taking any initiatives
to stop the.....
I came to know that BSNL doesnt have port binding(i dunoo whats it) ..i.e so can any body change login info at their router and use the hacked user:pass ?

well..

1st lemme actually ask what i wanted to..

is there any thing that i can do to prevent being the victim of Bandwidth Suck.. ???
I complaint the JTO(junior telecom officer)telling there are many sites or blogs where u:p are put up and they work fine... he said its impossible..He dint say much...
i'm sure bsnl lacks engineers and admins who are technically strong , they are almost nerds,,

( reasons y i call them nerds
1.Last year when an engineer had come home for giving the connection ,was trying to connect the usb of the modem to the ethernet port :-0 ha ha..
2.He blindly made the settings of the router which he had written down on a piece of paper..
3. I had to close the connection with in 45 days due to some reason ,n i was not aware of the min hire period was 90 days...latter had got the bill including unused 45 days...
then after lots struggle and begging they agreed to give a reduction of 400 bucks and i was letin to the admin room..
i saw the admin was blindly executing the Sql queries on Oracle 9.0 he referred the book(probably it was his notes)and tried executing the UPDATE queries... after lots lots errors he managed to update..:-0 )

Back to the topic...
Please suggest me or write ur views on securing the u:p & pocketting of bandwidth..
I thank you in anticipation...
this forum rocks..
with regards
Abhijith
" In some ways ,all are Nerds,me too ,Coz >>Known is A drop and Unknown is an Ocean<<"

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Using another users Username and Password no longer works with BSNL. Although you will be able to log onto the account page, you will not be able to successfully use them to connect to the internet and hence your bandwidth is protected. There is nothing anybody can do if they can log onto your account.

This measure was bought in by BSNL about 10-12months back. Your username and your password will only work on your telephone no. Even if it connects, it will do so only once for about 5-10 mins and then will never connect. I've tried it, that's why I'm telling you;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom