any pci express converters!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justo

Broken In
welll,
its hardly a month i bought a new pc ......... it has 865g motherboard ......... with agp 8x ........... now the agp has become an outdated stuff ................ the pci express has come in ........ which is more than 4 times faster than an agp 8x ....... the thing is that in future i will not be able to play the latest games ........ there should be and agp 8x to pci express converters ......... wat do ull think......!!!!!

indro

In the zone
its not possible , its a different iterface totally with differnt interconnect specifications , sooOO Pci express is not the only thing which is upgraded , the motherboard chipset should also support PCI express Bus architecture , so your question seems like using a p3 in a p4 motherboard .Sounds Ironic right ?

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
How many cards are pci express
i mean how many graphics cards are available in the market and also tell their price

how many motherboards has 16X pci express

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
justo said:
welll,
its hardly a month i bought a new pc ......... it has 865g motherboard ......... with agp 8x ........... now the agp has become an outdated stuff ................ the pci express has come in ........ which is more than 4 times faster than an agp 8x ....... the thing is that in future i will not be able to play the latest games ........ there should be and agp 8x to pci express converters ......... wat do ull think......!!!!!

Some facts:

1) PIC-E is not 4x faster its 16x so its twice as fast as AGP 8x pro.
2) As of today there are no good PCI-E cards out there.
3) None of the games out there is optimized to take advantage of PCI-E
4) It's gonna be a big change in the industry with PCI-E, SLI and dual CPU mobos which are coming into the picture. So forget it. U have a good mobo...stick to it. It will last you for a year atleast.

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
This is the dilemma of every PC buyer out there.......
U return home spending a good deal 2 get the latest stuff n hear in the evening news that a new tech is goin 2 replace the one u got......
But u need not worry that much pal because....
PCI Express has not been a big deal so far, because they have thus far failed to deliver the expected performance boost.......
The bottom line is that right now, there is basically no real difference between newer AGP systems and those using PCI Express. One major reason is that even the latest 3D games rarely need bandwidth that is 4 times faster than AGP 8X....
Also major players wont ditch AGP soon as indicated by the launch of AGP version of its GeForce 6600 GT card by NVIDIA after they launched its PCI variant.But future belongs to PCI Express but it will b some time before its the future.
so b cool as u can play all the latest games for a long time 2 come...
changes are inevitable....

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Yup liquid nitrogen is quite right, pci-e as of now isnt a bug deal. You need not hurry out to purchase a pci-e mobo and gfx card.

TheGuru

Broken In
I bought a new PC based on older i865PE chipset (thats with AGP). Trust me, you don't really need a PCI-E based motherboard. I reckon that the next major upgrade will not be until longhorn goes gold (somewhere in 2007 - yes, i know longhorn is due to be released in 2006, but, it'll take atleast 2007 start for applications to be ported onto it and for the whole system to become stable enough). And, the same goes for graphics cards and games. So, I don't see __any__ reason for a system upgrade until then.

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Hakuna Matata Dude!

I too brought a 865GBF . AGP 8X. But no sweat. An 8X card should suffice.
I don't suppose you are a Graphics Pro. And The Gurus right implementation will take time. :lol: :D

[flAsh]

In the zone
Look man, as all PCI-E GFX cards u r seeing 2day are basically hybrid of their AGP versions as none of them r natively developed 4 PCI-e and each one uses a AGP 2 PCI-e bridge so jst sit down and start searching 4 a good AGP 8x GFX card.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
[flAsh said:
]Look man, as all PCI-E GFX cards u r seeing 2day are basically hybrid of their AGP versions as none of them r natively developed 4 PCI-e and each one uses a AGP 2 PCI-e bridge so jst sit down and start searching 4 a good AGP 8x GFX card.

Not all of them ! Reme,ber ATi was against the bridge concept so it made native PCI-E X800 series cards earlier. But then again even those dont offer much than an increase of few fps. Switching to PCI-E is only worthy if u r getting a SLI set-up ;)

KHUBBU

Journeyman
SLI heard about it somewhere, makes posible 2 pci graphics cards on a mobo with xeon processors

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:roll: .....

SLI????

well...well ... my next upgrade wud be SLI ... two geforce 6800 256Mb...!!

check it out here...

*www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Articles/Graphics/SLI.shtml

:cry: ...but it wud be tooo cheap to give it a try!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom