Any one knows how to tranfer DATA from PC to Laptop thru USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Journeyman
Hi,

I have a PC and Laptop. Both of them have got USB ports.

I need to transfer a few GBs of Data from PC to Laptop.

I bought a USB data transfer cable for Rs.150/- (Local Brand)and connected the PC and Laptop thru UBS ports.

Since i've never done DATA tranfer from PC to Laptop, I thought it will be plug and play and some new drive will appear in the windows explorer(as it will appear when we connect a USB Thumb Drive).

But nothing happened and I don't know how to transfer data. :(

Guys help me how to tranfer the DATA.

Thanx in Advance
Arsenal.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Don't think seperate drives appear on the explorer using usb.
Just do this..uninstall all the drivers of usb from both the pc...
Now dont run the CD but first connect usb wire...and when it says new hardware found then only put the driver cd and click next. There are various softwares from usb-usb data transfer provider but the most often used ...even in local software is PC-link software... Check this is installed. Now on both the Pc click on the Pclink software and u should see the drives of both PC..
Please tell us if you have more problem doing this,...

theraven

Technomancer
:cry: i just posted on this 2 days back
:x
SEARCH !
besides its better if u network them using ethernet cards
dun think ull be able to get drives in MY COMPUTER
but yet .. its possible .... but MIGHT be a lil more complicated .. specially gettin the USB crossover cable

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
this was discussed thru posts on dec 11:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11220

pls use the search button before starting a new thread next time.

OP
Yoda

Yoda

Journeyman
Hi,

Thanx for all your replies.

Yesterday I returned that Local USB Transfer Cable(Rs.150/-) and I bought a new one which is a good one and comes with a CD. It cost me Rs.700/-. But worth the buy.

I first plugged the USB then installed the driver from the CD on both the PC and Laptop and one special software for transferring the DATA which I installed on both and then the transfer of data was done smoothly. :D

Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom